jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Should Hubpages make it a rule that to participate in the Q+A/Forums one has to

1. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Should Hubpages make it a rule that to participate in the Q+A/Forums one has to have at least 1 hub?

I've been reading a few of the questions here, and many many comments by a handful of people - several of whom seem to think that Hubpages Q+A is their personal conversion ground. Then I went to look at several people who do this profiles - and noticed they mostly have NO HUBS, therefore are only participating in the community to 'convert' or troll the questions with their repeated comments (of which the OP of the Question does NOT want to hear). I feel that if you are going to participate, then you should at least be contributing to the business of Hubpages, not just using them,

2. jonnycomelately profile image82
    jonnycomelatelyposted 2 years ago

And so often they hide behind anonymity....presumably afraid to show their true identity.  Surely a mark of timidity, if not cowardice.

jlparkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

True. I'd respect them and what they had to say more if they weren't just coming in to take over questions, and were actually writing hubs on that ofwhich they speak

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i agree, these people who ask questions do not post any hubs and yet get followers

It's weird, what exactly is one following when one follows these people?

4. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 2 years ago

It has boggled my mind why people would do this.
    Yes, I do believe that there should be some restrictions on them and that they should begin writing hubs before being allowed to post questions here. (Unless it is a genuine request for help)

Lets hope that Hubpages see this question and think on it?! I agree about the geniune request for help - perhaps leave the Hubpages help questions unlocked?

5. poppyr profile image99
    poppyrposted 2 years ago

Yes, I agree. A lot of questions are spammy and poorly written, and sometimes trolls do seem to enjoy posting.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

There definitely needs to be some kind of restriction for using the Q&A. Something simple for an HP user, but difficult for a spam bot. The 1 hub idea is good, thought it might have to be refined to one featured hub. Since a spam bot could churn out nonsense to meet the requirement (but it would have to be coherent to be featured).

I agree. One featured hub, unless they are geniunely asking for help (leave the HP questions open). Perhaps one hub per 12mths?

7. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

I think they should have to write at least one hub just to be able to comment or participate in any area of HP.
    It's called HubPages! Not TrollPages. I really get tired of people spouting off when their sole intention is to ridicule and put down the members here.

working