jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How well can one depend on hubpages earnings. Approximately how much can I earn.

1. amaado profile image80
    amaadoposted 2 years ago

How well can one depend on hubpages earnings. Approximately how much can I earn.

I wonder if I can resign from my job to write for a living on hubpages.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

(sigh) I am not trying to piss in your Cheerios but.... Dream on, buddy. The best that the majority of Hubbers can hope to earn is some extra beer money now and then.

3. Luke Souders profile image82
    Luke Soudersposted 2 years ago

There is actually a Hub where someone detailed the earnings of the ten highest earners of all of HubPages. The absolute highest earner makes over $40,000 per year. The next nine highest make well under $20,000 thousand. And these are all people who have written HUNDREDS of hubs, and their income is the continual accrual of earnings from all of those hubs. And again, they are the absolute best of the best. So, in conclusion, in order to make any real money, you have to be really damn good and write hundreds of hubs, and even in that unlikely event, you still have to keep your day job. Here is the hub: http://alocsin.hubpages.com/hub/The-Hig … onclusions

1. sockii profile image81
      sockiiposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That hub was from 2012, before the bubble burst on what people were earning on HubPages and other content platforms. Don't take it as advice that applies at all in today's ever-changing market.

4. Zeph1 profile image88
    Zeph1posted 2 years ago

I would say not to expect anything from hubpages in terms of expecting to live off the earnings you make. As of now, i make cents a month here on HP.

It'd be best to find something you can 'market' in the real world and make your online content an addition/tie-in to that, whenever possible. That and post your content on your sites you own, as often as you can.

5. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

In my case i do not make enough to live on its more like a month to month side job, earning extra money. It helps but its not enough to live on.There may be some people that have written a million hubs and all feAtured and seeing alot of traffic that make enough but it does take time to even start making money

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Take hubpages as your part time job. No online job can replace your real job. Better keep working pal