Why the Views count in my Hubpages account varies from View count in my Google A

1. Sumi-Main profile image59
    Sumi-Mainposted 2 years ago

Why the Views count in my Hubpages account varies from View count in my Google Analytics record?

My Google Analytics record shows, 500 views more than, the number of views in my Hubpages account summary. Wondering what could be the reason.

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Which Views - 1day, 7day, 30day, or Ever? Maybe someone with more experience can tell you when exactly Analytics begins and ends a day vs. HubPages and when exactly they roll days with a date criteria.

At your Google Analytics summary page you will see all views at Hubpages within the set date criteria. That includes questions and deleted hubs too. If a hub is deleted those views will not appear at the My Account page of HubPages since they are no longer listed there.

To see your Questions views at HP go to your My Account page and click on the Header listing 'Q & A'. The same thing with Views applies with Questions too. If they have been deleted, then they will not be in the Questions Ever tally.

To see only Hub views at Google Analytics you must navigate to Content drilldown. Once on your Analytics HubPages Subdomain account follow this path. From the Summary View GOTO Behavior GOTO Site Content GOTO Content Drilldown. There you will see different categories. Those should be:

/questions/
    /hub/
    / (That is a standalone backslash in the categories)
    /?filter=answers
    /?filter=forums

When selecting /hub/ only those views will be tallied in the display for Page Views and etc. Remember it is only those Page Views within the set criteria. Also, the time of day HubPages rolls its tally vs. Analytics I really do not know. So, there is a likelihood of some difference. At analytics to see more than 10 hubs you must expand the listing to a greater number, even though the tally will be correct. That can be down at the bottom left.

My experience indicates it is usually within a few views. I just checked mine and it is within one view for 30days. That is setting Analytics to Aug 5 to Sept 3 (A count of 30 days) comparing to HP on 9/4 at 4:28 PST. Remember if you select Day, Week, or Month top right of the graph it will only change the Graph not the tally. The tally is based on the Date Criteria you set.

1. Sumi-Main profile image59
      Sumi-Mainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense..! Thanks Tim..!

working