jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Are we really making any earnings by blogging in hubpages?

1. Sumi-Main profile image61
    Sumi-Mainposted 2 years ago

Are we really making any earnings by blogging in hubpages?

Or is it just Peanuts?

2. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 2 years ago

Don't expect a quick result but you can earn a regular income, certainly enough to pay for your internet expenses if nothing else.   With luck you may even be able to buy yourself a bar of chocolate as well.

Sumi-Mainposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Great..! Got an idea on that. Thank you Sally

3. mactavers profile image92
    mactaversposted 2 years ago

Like most jobs in life, those who make money on Hubpages put a lot of time and effort into their Hubs.  If the Hubs show promise, they refine and update them from time to time.

Ok but is it not a challenge being a part of hubpages? As I just don't see any hubpages member's hubs appearing in google search results.. Not at least up to 7th or 8th page..!!!

4. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 2 years ago

Not bad. It takes long time to get regular monthly income.

Thanks Krishna, On that note, just a general idea, how much can that 'regular monthly income' could be? Is it still not peanuts? And the one who has no videos on their hubs, I am sure might not get much from Adsense..?!

2. thumbi7 profile image63
      thumbi7posted 2 years agoin reply to this

By monthly payments I meant minimum 50 dollars
      Regarding videos, you can insert videos from youtube if it is related to your topic

5. Glenis Rix profile image98
    Glenis Rixposted 2 years ago

I suspect that few people accumulate enough earnings to get a pay out.

I too suspect so, totally agree with you Glenis. Or may be that, who are around 3/4/5 years old here, might bag a huge income and others just peanuts.. May be.. Right?

2. Glenis Rix profile image98
      Glenis Rixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think we need to assess why we are contributing to hubpages and what we get out of it apart from cash. I enjoy writing occasional hubs as a writing exercise. In terms of return on hours involved I could never make anything approaching minimum wage.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yeah, it took me 5 years to get the ball rolling. I am starting to earn $10 per month

Thanks Peachy for giving an idea of how much can really one make in what span of time...! Truly it's miserable..!

7. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I used to be able to pay my rent with my earnings, back when I was more active. Think of it as a job, and you make money if you deliver what people are looking for. Also, it's not a blog site, but an article site.

Wow that's awesome. But I guess that It varies from person to person.

8. Naresh4u profile image59
    Naresh4uposted 2 years ago

I am new to this ... I also waiting for answer of this Question.

Thank you Naresh, for clicking 'follow' button on my page :-) that made my day! I hope you got the answer, I feel we need to put in lots of effort and time to reach to a point of 'I am also bagging money'.

working