jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Where have all of the people on Hubpages gone?

1. xanzacow profile image72
    xanzacowposted 2 years ago

Where have all of the people on Hubpages gone?

The questions used to come in droves, and the hubs were popping up all of the time. Has everybody become to busy? Where is everybody?

2. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago

T paraphrase an old saying, "Chaos breeds discontent".
    HP has ben presenting the face of Chaos to their writers, and many are ,if not taking a holiday from HP, they are just leaving HP.
    THere are still some of us who are just riding the wave to see where we end up.
    DON

3. abdussalaam profile image83
    abdussalaamposted 2 years ago

I am new to HP so I have no past experience to compare to the current. I am curious to know what was so good about HP before?

4. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 2 years ago

This was all-too predictable, and many of us who have been here for awhile saw it coming.  Take creative people and tell them to write within a template and sooner or later those creative people will leave.  Add to the recipe a distinct lack of appreciation by staff and management, incredibly low pay for the work expected and, well, the exodus begins.

1. Ilona Elliott profile image76
      Ilona Elliottposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'm curious where everyone is going. I'm new to hubpages and to writing content and was wondering if this is going to end up a content mill like e-how?

5. alekdo profile image83
    alekdoposted 2 years ago

Cynthia, why do you think that all of the people on Hubpages have gone somewhere? What made you think that way? Personally, I have been there for almost four years and I've not noticed that the number of people submitting their Hubs, questions etc. has notably decreased. Instead, I've notice the rise in the amount of communications held here every day, so I believe that the resource will exist for a long time, giving joy to everyone who spends time here and providing tons of useful information to people from different countries of the world.

working