jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Has there been any notification of this year's Hubbie Awards, or has HP decided

1. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 19 months ago

Has there been any notification of this year's Hubbie Awards, or has HP decided not to do them?

I've got some great writers who deserve an award, and I would hate to see the Hubbies shut down.

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 19 months ago

i look forward to voting in the Hubbies every year too, Bill. I haven't heard an announcement either way, but the fact they have done away with Hub of the Day and other features to concentrate on the niche sites makes me wonder if the Hubbies will also suffer the same fate. I hope not. Hopefully the staff will reply to this.

3. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 19 months ago

Not heard anything Billy but think they have had new staff in training so perhaps they have been too busy.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 19 months ago

Really!  Good question.  This is a campaign year.  Let the voting begin!!

5. Faith Reaper profile image90
    Faith Reaperposted 19 months ago

Hi Bill, Just popping in here at lunch as I've been wondering that very thing. Being we have the niche sites now, Hubbie Awards may very well be a thing of the past ...

6. Genna East profile image91
    Genna Eastposted 19 months ago

Hi Bill...

Haven't heard a peep.  Voting for Hubbies is one of my favorite past-times on HP.  I hope they notify us soon. :-)  I also hope these awards haven't fallen by the way-side in favor of their new niche sites program.

7. clivewilliams profile image83
    clivewilliamsposted 19 months ago

Didn't hear anything, looking forward to win something....LIKE...most unknown hubber!

8. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

I suspect that they are like you, Bill. Only in the sense of having lots to do. They are trying new things and training new recruits and also make some mistakes with us breathing down their backs.

I do not see them shutting it down. I feel that they know it's good for inspiration and encouraging new comers. Still, while I could be wrong, I think that they are just 'flooded.' right now with all these new things such as Letter Pile and others. Wait a bit more. Very nice thought, though. I commend you for this.

9. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 19 months ago

Hello Mr. Bill,

I am hoping that now that they are putting articles in categories, that they will have hubbie awards per category. That would be soooo nice:). But in the meantime, they should have hubbie awards. It makes you feel encouraged to write more and write better.

10. annart profile image86
    annartposted 18 months ago

Maybe HP might give you an answer, bill!  I haven't seen anything but it would be a shame not to have them as it's good to give people some sort of accolade from their friends here.  Like Theresa, I think they have so much with the 'niche' hubs etc that it might get too complicated, so they've given up.  It's beginning to become more about 'great new ideas' (really?) and less about encouragement.  But we all encourage each other most of the time so let's hope that continues!
    Ann

11. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 18 months ago

Hmmm, that is a good question. I see many suggest it is a thing of the past. I would not count on there being any, but you never know.

working