Voting Is Open for the 2022 Hubbie Awards!

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (118 posts)
  1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
    HubPagesposted 21 months ago

Hi, Hubbers!

It’s time to cast your vote in the annual HubPages Hubbie Awards! You’ll find the official ballot here. Winners will receive a prize, community recognition in the forums, and a special profile badge.

Here are the categories:

Hubber-Based
    • Most Helpful Hubber
    • Best Poet
    • Best Photographer
    • HubPages Lifetime Achievement Award

Article-Based
    • Most Interesting Article
    • Most Informative Article
    • Most Beautiful Article
    • Funniest Article

Before you cast your vote, there are a couple of ground rules to keep in mind. You may only vote once, so make sure that you’re confident in your choices before you submit. Votes submitted after midnight PDT on Sunday, November 13th will not be counted.

Happy voting!

1. Misbah786 profile image82
      Misbah786posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, HubPages! smile
      Although I know I am not going to win but at least happy to know something is still happening here to keep us entertained tongue
      Best wishes to HP and all the HP writers!

2. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Despite all the changes, it is great to see some familiar favourites continuing. I always enjoy voting in the Hubbies.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 21 months agoin reply to this

They're 8 categories of voting. Therefor, for each category one has to vote once. That means a total of 8 votes. Am I correct? Thanks.

1. janshares profile image91
        jansharesposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Correct. You also don't have to vote in every category, only the ones you want to vote in.

2. janshares profile image91

Correction: When I first replied to you, Miebakagh, I was not aware of the new voting format. It has changed since this posting. First you had to vote in every category, now HP says it's been modified, and you don't have to vote in every category. It may change again, I don't know. hmm

4. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 21 months agoin reply to this

This is very weird. We've never had to select from a select few in the past. How is this fair? Hubbie Award winners have always been determined by fellow Hubbers. Why on earth would HP limit the choices? This isn't a political election, for crying out loud!

HubPagesposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Voter turnout has been so poor in the past few years that we've often ended up with no more than a couple dozen votes—all for different hubbers or articles. So this year, we're trying a new method.

We're pleased with the number of responses we've already received and look forward to seeing the ballots continue to come in. Thank you for your understanding!

Sorry, but this is not a fair voting!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Sounds like interest is gone if only a couple dozen responses occured in recent years.

2. surovi99 profile image85
            surovi99posted 21 months agoin reply to this

I also think this is not a fair voting.

2. Jodah profile image89

I can understand the reasoning, but surely there should have been a larger selection of hubbers to choose from in each category, and the articles selected for voting on should have been published within the last twelve months. Some of these are up to 14 years old and don’t even really fit the categories they are listed in. Some have even been written by people I know haven’t been actively writing here for years. Wouldn’t it be better incentive if aimed at current writers on the site?

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
            Brenda Arledgeposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I do understand the reasoning behind voting this way.

But I agree with John that the criteria should include work that is within the current time frame & writer's who are actively contributing to Hubpages.

+1

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Yes.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87

Sounds like April Fool's really.

Or the sci-fi story "Harrison Bergeron" has come true.

2. Jodah profile image89

+1

3. Glenn Stok profile image95
        Glenn Stokposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I understand your point, but in my opinion it provides a useful way to discover authors and articles we might not have otherwise noticed. At least that was my experience when going through the list. Besides enjoying the reading, I also noticed how they created quality content.

Great viewpoint.  I enjoy coming across other writing that appeals to me.

Now if Hubpages would only make it easier to follow them when on a niche site.

I posted a similar post below about 3 hrs or so ago.

I'm hoping this strengthens our community.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95

They can’t provide a way to follow the author because that would require a link to HubPages. And that would cause Google to degrade the niche site’s ranking. The niche sites need to remain isolated from HubPages.

Glenn...
              Thank you so much for explaining this to me.

I've asked Hubpages before and have never gotten an honest answer.

Brenda, they say it all the time—not to link back to HubPages from the niche sites.

2. eugbug profile image97
              eugbugposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Would Hubpages not have "served it's sentence" by now, or does Google give some websites life sentences as regards ranking? Is the fact that Discover has a wide variety of topics a factor that diminishes its ranking?

Eugene, one would think so, but evidently not. For that matter, you mentioned a crucial point about Discover—with such a variety of topics, it would be considered a content farm, which Google has kept in their algorithm to avoid. In addition, I see articles on Discover lacking all sorts of requirements to get into the niche sites. And that reduces its ranking even further.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
                  PaulGoodman67posted 21 months agoin reply to this

I don't think it's particularly useful to see it as "serving a sentence," as in practice, we're dealing with an algorithm, which is dynamic and always current.

Its sense of "history" generally doesn't go back any further than its last data crawl, as far as I understand it.

The algorithm lives in the moment, even if its creators do not.

I agree with you, Glenn about Discover, HP.com, and linking.

The way I see it: If the niches are Heaven, then Discover is a purgatory and HP.com is Hell.

Neither Discover or HP.com will ever be high achievers because they're not designed to succeed with Google. That isn't their purpose.

Linking to either of those sites from the niches won't help the individual writer, just potentially cause problems for the niche.

Exactly! Well-said, Paul.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

I like the way you break this down

2. bravewarrior profile image88

You make a very valid point, Glenn. I was unfamiliar with most of the nominees and, in several categories, voted for Hubbers I don't know. Now that you mention it, voting in the past was probably very clique driven.

5. janshares profile image91

Wow, what a surprise. I think we needed this right now, a fun diversion from all the doom and gloom about our traffic and earnings. It's nice to see this side of HP ignite life into the community. Happy voting and good luck to all!

Edit: Is today April 1st? neutral See my post below.

Totally agree Jan.

Our little community needs an uplift.
        I'm happy to see Hubpages trying to do something fun.

I hope this is the beginning of many more fun things.

6. SerenityHalo profile image94
      SerenityHaloposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Will the voting information for the Hubbie Awards appear in the next email?

1. Jodah profile image89

It is here…click “official ballot here.”

1. SerenityHalo profile image94
          SerenityHaloposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Oh yes! Thank you. I must have been unclear. Forgive me!

I meant, will the information about the Hubbie Awards appear in an email and not just the forums. I know a lot of people don't go through the forums.

Yes, the ballot will be shared in both this and next week's newsletter!

2. Jodah profile image89

smile

7. dylananthony4u profile image41
      dylananthony4uposted 20 months agoin reply to this

How do you win if people don't know you?

1. Jodah profile image89
        Jodahposted 20 months agoin reply to this

That would be extremely difficult unless one of your articles is one of those shortlisted.

Brenda Arledgeposted 21 months ago

Wow!  I had no idea this was coming.
    I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Thank you for including me.  It is appreciated.

3. surovi99 profile image85
    surovi99posted 21 months ago

Yes, this was unexpected. I appreciate HP arranging for it this year also.

4. ravirajan01 profile image96
    ravirajan01posted 21 months ago

This is really encouraging.Thanks HP for this initiative.

5. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 21 months ago

Well, this is really a new way of doing it. We have preselected hubbers and articles to choose from. I wonder how these were shortlisted?

6. Lora Hollings profile image84
    Lora Hollingsposted 21 months ago

May I ask what the criteria was in the pre-selection process?

7. Jodah profile image89

Some of the articles we have to vote on were written as far back as 2008 and some of the authors don't even write here anymore. Strange?
    I also found the selection to choose from for "Most Beautiful" and "Funniest" hubs quite weird.

Agreed.

8. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 21 months ago

I didn't remember the time of year for the award. I remember John and I won something last year, which for me was a huge surprise. I haven't taken a look at the ballot yet.

9. Pamela99 profile image88

I just took a look, and this ballot is weird, not like one previously. I know John won best poetry and his name is not even on the list.

+1

10. Jodah profile image89

yes, Miebakagh. Though you don't have to vote for everyone if you don't want to...just as many as you wish.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69

John, thanks.

1. Jodah profile image89

yw

John
      Rupert informed us that we must cast a ballot for each category for your vote to count.

I contacted the team and it is in fact true.

1. Jodah profile image89

Oh, that is another new criteria for this year. We never had to before. Thanks, Brenda.

Yeppie.

The complete ballot is listed in the Hubpages Newsletter in our emails...if you want to read the articles.

1. AliciaC profile image92
            AliciaCposted 21 months agoin reply to this

A post below by a staff member says that they’ve changed this procedure and that we are now allowed to vote only in certain categories. The reply is in an answer to Rupert’s post.

11. Misbah786 profile image82
    Misbah786posted 21 months ago

I just checked the link. What the hell? Do they want us to choose from their personal preferences? Why bother asking us when they can vote and announce on their own? This is not a fair voting!

It is at least contrived. Not fun any more.

+1

12. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 21 months ago

If I don't win (Funniest Article category) I will declare the ballot to be a fraud. I know that, as the votes are cast, they are beamed up to an Ethiopian satellite where they are changed to favour someone else. I know this because I read about it on the internet.

In the unlikely event that the rigged voting does not turn out in my favour I will assemble my followers and both of us will say rude things outside HubPages headquarters. Because, if we don't fight like hell, we won't have HubPages anymore.

1. Jodah profile image89

Rupert, if you don’t win the funniest article over “How to Shave a Butt…” I will join you saying rude things outside HubPages headquarters.

2. janshares profile image91

lol lol lol

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95

If I don't win "most helpful," I've decided to be very unhelpful for at least a week!

I will give out irrelevant, confusing, and misleading opinions and advice.

Though some people probably think that I already do that! big_smile

1. Jodah profile image89

big_smile

2. eugbug profile image97
        eugbugposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Ha Ha, that gave me a laugh. Maybe you can trade your nomination for funniest Hubber? smile

Even the nominees wish to distance themselves from the categories they have been placed in. I hope HP gets it, lol! big_smile tongue

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95

I remember when Mark Ewbie was around and he won the funniest hubber award every single year. He deserved it, of course, but his presence made the category uncompetitive. smile

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69

PaulGoodman, you're 'most helpful'. Go higher!

4. Isivwe Muobo profile image77
        Isivwe Muoboposted 20 months agoin reply to this
  13. MariaMontgomery profile image91
    MariaMontgomeryposted 21 months ago

Rupert Taylor, I was just thinking the same thing:  "If I don't win, it had to be rigged". I'll throw fits like a toddler, rant & rave everywhere, and then spread lies."

14. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 21 months ago

This should be a write-in list for the people we know and enjoy the quality of their writing. This is still America, USA, not Russia without freedom of choice. If Bill Holland and John are not on this list, it is not a list of the cream of the crop.

Bobbi Purvis

15. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90

It is Bobbi Purvis--I am writing in a dark room.

16. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 21 months ago

Hmmm. I just looked at the voting link. hmm Now I see what others are complaining about. Not cool. Not well thought out. Um . . . so, was there an "Academy of Literature Arts and Sciences" who chose the nominees, lol? I'm sorry for being flippant but it's such a drastic change from allowing members of the community to choose. And the rule that John pointed out about articles not being more than 12 months old, and from writers who are active and still here, are clearly overlooked criteria. Good luck with addressing your reasoning to increase participation. I was so excited. sad

17. Rupert Taylor profile image95

The Oscars, the Emmys, the Bookers, the Nobels, and most other awards are handled this way. A short list of entrants is selected for members to vote on. The envelope please "And the winner is. . ."

I can't possibly read all the available entrants in any category, so it makes sense for HubPages to whittle the vast number down to a few. No matter how the powers that be make their selections there are going to be complaints, as there are with the more august awards mentioned above.

The way to satisfy everyone is to have no awards at all, then there would be no grievances.

The way to satisfy everyone is to have no awards at all, then there would be no grievances.

Even that, I suppose, ain't gonna help now. I'm just confused as to why HP can't do things in a simple and straight manner. Voting should be fair. Why choices? smile

2. Jodah profile image89

I have no problem with having a short list to choose from, but I would like to know how they were selected….amount of views/traffic or other criteria.

Anyway, I have voted. I guess, if they get more participation this year they will keep the Hubbies going. Maybe they will take some of our concerns on board and make a few changes next year.

John, what irritated me was that your name was not on the list of poets! I love your poetry! And I know I am not alone! Many here love reading your poems. However, now I know whom I can vote for in the Hubbie award categories, but do I have to read all of those articles to choose one?

1. Jodah profile image89

Misbah, I am not worried about not being nominated myself as I personally feel different people should be selected each year. I am sure those on the shortlists deserve to be there, but I think there could have been a few more to choose from.
          It is some of the articles that we have to read and choose between that I have most problem with.
          Thank you for your support though.

I agree! smile

At least John and I have the comfort and pleasure of having won Hubbie awards in the past when the winners were chosen entirely by other Hubbers writing in their choice for each category. It's more of an accomplishment when there's no short list from which to choose, in my humble opinion.

Nevertheless, I voted this year. We'll see what happens.

John
        It seems to me that alot of people complained before because the same people were always getting nominated year after year.
        At least this way, others are included that some of us do not even know yet.

It gives me a chance to read their work & maybe our little community will grow.

Perhaps more readers will engage on the forums.

I don't know. I do think the articles should reflect what has been written in this year unless it's one that has been reworked in 2022 and is suddenly doing great.

The one thing I do know...Is that Hubbers are Risilient.

We've faced alot of issues over the years and we bounce back.  We are strong.

We are Writer’s & nothing can stop us.

I hope this creates a stronger bond within our community.

I have also voted & if the turnout is good, I hope Hubpages will do more things to bring our community together.

We need things like this to bring us together...not tear us apart.

1. Jodah profile image89

Well said.

2. Misbah786 profile image82

Beautifully said, Bredz! smile

18. Lora Hollings profile image84
    Lora Hollingsposted 21 months ago

I agree with you Misbah. There are a lot of very good writers that are being overlooked in this pre-selection voting that hubpages has now decided to do. I think these contests should be a thing of the past. The administration shouldn’t be telling the members here who they should be voting for and in essence, they are now doing just that through their new system.

Lora, thank you so much for your support. Shouting loudly on this thread alone makes me sound stupid, even though I know deep down that I may not be the one who can be nominated for any of these categories, but I do feel bad that we are being taught by HP who to choose, so why even vote, they can also vote and announce. I am not a participant in any category, but I feel sorry for those who can be nominated and win but aren't included on HP's shortlist. smile
      Much Love and Blessings!

19. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 21 months ago

I really don't think that the hubbies should be taken too seriously.

It's essentially trivial fun, inconsequential.

But at least there's some community engagement.

I've never been nominated before, I'm not sure if I've ever even voted, but I like the idea of the hubbies and thought the site lost something when they didn't happen.

20. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 21 months ago

Interesting and weird big_smile

21. Jan Saints profile image86
    Jan Saintsposted 21 months ago

Looks like they struck out the FatFreddysCat award mad

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69

I Agreed.

22. Rupert Taylor profile image95

I tried to cast my ballot, but it seems I have to vote in every category. That's where there is a problem. I know absolutely nothing about poetry, so I'm ill-equipped to judge one offering against another and decide which is best.

Sort of like asking a vegan which of five steaks in the top one.

Stick a pin in it you say. Not fair. So, I'll have to reluctantly decline to participate.

Hi Rupert. We've modified the ballot so that votes are not required for every category.

Umm. hmm Does that not convolute the process since some have already voted, perhaps feeling forced to vote for some because they had to? We may need a do-over. Ei-yi-yi. neutral

23. Farah N Huq profile image82
    Farah N Huqposted 21 months ago

Omg! Looks like I only know ONE poet from the entire list though it’s only poetry that I have been posting and reading so far and I believe I do know the poets who submit their poetry regularly. Then how did I miss all the great poets on this list? Strange! Is this because they do not participate in the forum? And how do I cast my vote for the rest of the categories? Blindly? I felt like an outsider while going through that list. This is interesting! With due respect to everyone who made it to the list, I am sure they are all superb writers but I agree with John. I would like to know how this selection was made and based on what criteria we should cast our votes.

1. Jodah profile image89

Welcome to the club, Farah smile

24. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 21 months ago

I've cast my votes. But I found each category very weird...very weird indeed.                                  Seriously and critically, changes are good. But this time, the changes like voting for writers or articles one isn't familiar with is strange. Much thanks.

25. Pamela99 profile image88

I have had the pleasure of winning hubby awards in the past, and I am not concerned about not winning this year. The award is in the honor of winning and you receive a cloth bag advertising Make. 

I don't particularly like the way this ballot is done as out of at hundreds of articles Hubpages picked a select few articles. I know John has won in the past also in poetry and he is not even on the list!

It isn't like the authors are choosing what they consider to be the best articles, but Hubpages picked. Hubpages would not exist without their authors!

26. Aliswell profile image60
    Aliswellposted 21 months ago

I don't have the "stroke of genius" that allows me the ability to navigate HP's maze of deliberate design for HP corporate money making.
    Forthwith, I submit my vote for "most important HP contributor"... as but one of "immeasurable, universal voters"..to Val

27. Aliswell profile image60
    1. Jodah profile image89

Good for you, Allen.

28. Aliswell profile image60

Thank You for posting this Jodah^!!^
    You, "Bill", and now Val...keep me hanging around this gathering of "those who must speak of that for which they seek"♡"

1. Jodah profile image89

You are welcome, Allen. Thank you.

29. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 21 months ago

Voted! I was going to protest, but in the end, I decided to support the activity and fellow hubbers. We really do need more positivity in our community. Good luck to all the nominees.

1. Jodah profile image89

I agree Jan, we do need to use any opportunity to support the community.

smile

2. Misbah786 profile image82

Haha! Janis, I protested, but nothing happened. Lol! I will vote anyway; I just didn't like that they gave us options to select from. smile

I didn't either, Misbah. I have a lot of issues with the changes as I stated above but I tried to focus on the work these hubbers did, even if they weren't fairly picked by the community. The some of the categories were very strange, as others have said.

30. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 21 months ago

I voted in the hubbies for the first time ever!

And no, I didn't vote for myself! (I didn't vote against myself either!) big_smile

My thinking was that as I complain about HP not interacting enough with writers, it would've been wrong for me not to be involved.

1. Jodah profile image89

Good for you, Paul. I agree with your thinking.

Although at first I was adverse to having a select few from which to choose, I was led to discover writers with whom I wasn't familiar because they didn't follow the same folks as I. I traversed the options and voted in each category. I just wish following an author still means something. Without being able to comment on their content or leave fan mail, it seems to be a mute point.

31. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90

I did not know most of the people, however, I wanted to make sure I voted for Brenda because she is the best. And although I did not know the others, they deserved to be voted for as members of our community. Best of Luck. I hope this will be a write-in vote next time.

Bobbi Purvis

1. Jodah profile image89

You did the right thing, Bobbi. Let’s hope for some changes next year.

32. Farah N Huq profile image82
    Farah N Huqposted 20 months ago

Done!...and I’ve voted for the authors and the work I am familiar with. People might say that this pre-selected list gives you the opportunity to get to know new writers and their work but here is what I think...If their work needs this list to draw my attention then I guess it would just be wiser to vote for them next year perhaps. So I voted for the ones who’ve already caught my attention....and as I said before, most of those who did catch my attention aren’t even on this list. So maybe HubPages needs to bring up a new strategy to highlight the good work from the good authors. Best of luck to the contenders!

Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Well said gal!

2. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 20 months agoin reply to this

+100

33. Farah N Huq profile image82
    Farah N Huqposted 20 months ago

Thank you, dear Brenda! I hope you win!  Much love!

Brenda Arledgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thank you so much!

34. surovi99 profile image85
    surovi99posted 20 months ago

I too voted for Hubbies Awards. I felt I could only vote for those whose works I always read so far. HP should have prepared us for this from the beginning of the year through various opportunities so that we could be acquainted with other new poets/writers that we don't yet know or who don't correspond through forums. Well, I am glad HP relaxed on the number of categories we can vote. This made things easier at least.

35. Isivwe Muobo profile image77
    Isivwe Muoboposted 20 months ago

This is a good initiative. I'm going to vote for those whose work I'm familiar with and who have been quite helpful on here.

There's this other guy who hasn't been active for a while but is usually very helpful around the forum.

Edited

Just voted and I saw there wasn't the option to vote for people we want as there's already a selection. It's all good, though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)