jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Tips for getting featured?

1. AF Mind profile image62
    AF Mindposted 19 months ago

Tips for getting featured?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 19 months ago

Create an attractive page. The best way I know of to make an attractive page is to break content up into a lot of good capsules.

Use multiple text capsules with relevant subtitles on them. And I almost always try to find at least one high quality picture to use for each text capsule - but if the text capsule is short, then there need not be an image on top of it or to the side of it.

If you can find a relevant video for a text and image capsule, that could surely help. But don't put a video on a page unless it is very relevant to whatever you are discussing on that page. Same thing with pictures, of course, you want very relevant images for the text.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 19 months ago

I put at least one photo with each hub. That way it's my photo that is displayed with the hub, not a generic one that tells everyone I didn't take the time to find an appropriate photo. I break my text up into a number of small capsules. When it's published you can't see how they're broken up so it's really only for your use. I break them up so I can put a photo or video right next to the text that's talking about it. I also make most of the photos and videos half size. A full size video and/or photo grabs the readers eye away from the text and makes the video/photo more important than what you're saying. I only use all caps if I want one word to stand out and I only use bold for headings or subheadings and the occasional item I want to stand out.

4. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 19 months ago

Checkout my hub - how to create a hub and get featured.