jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

My novel came!

1. Eldritch Elegy profile image60
    Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo28 … 5215-1.png

That's my beautiful novel! I did the cover graphic myself, designed the interior and the formatting. This was my NaNoWriMo entry, and it was printed through their CreateSpace offer. I'm actually very happy with the quality.

It is so cool to hold my novel in my hands, bound and looking professional.

God, this sounds like I'm trying to sell something, but I swear I'm not. I'm just really hyped that my novel came!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Congratulations! smile

Eldritch Elegyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! big_smile

3. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I'd be excited as heck myself!  Congrats! 

*makes a note to get back to writing my own book....yeah...figure out which one you want to write while you're at it!*

Sorry....excuse my self-chastising moment.

Yeah, I know. November will be here before I know it, and I've got two more ideas vying for all the attention I'll have to give one or the other!

Good luck finishing your novel, it's a great feeling.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Eldritch that is totally kick arse! looks really good too. smile You must be so proud!

I am, thanks! smile

5. KCC Big Country profile image86

I'm not a fiction writer.  The book I've put the most into is something I've now lost interest in writing about.  So, part of me wants to salvage the pieces somehow and part of me wants to set it aside and start over with something new. 

Basically, I've lost all confidence in having a profitable or worthwhile product with Plan A and am struggling with Plan B.

That sucks. Sometimes it helps to take an old idea and start fresh with it. Outline it again and see if your inspiration comes back.

I know what you mean, though. At first I thought this might be publishable, but now I've found that you have to have a 'platform' to get published. It's ridiculous. You have to be 'famous' just to get in print.

If I ever get the money, I'll just go into self-publishing. Obviously the quality of the product is something I could be comfortable selling.

6. TheGlassSpider profile image74
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!! I'd be over the moon too! I wish you tons of success and many more in the future! smile

7. Shalini Kagal profile image80
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!

8. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Wow Eldritch, you did an awesome job on that cover graphic. Congratulations too on finishing your novel.

9. Alessia Amnesia profile image56
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years ago

Congratulations! That's very exciting!

10. KCC Big Country profile image86

You know, Eldritch.......I agree with everyone else about how well you did on the design/graphics.   Have you considered doing that for a living?

11. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 7 years ago

Congratulations "EE"!  You absolutely have every reason to be hyped. Kudos on such a professional job.  Well done!

12. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Congrats Eldritch!  I'm waiting for my proof copy to arrive from Createspace as well!  So, you say the quality looks good?  Now, you have to get it on Amazon and in the Createspace community forum, in the marketing section, you give your link of the book on Amazon and people tag it for you, in exchange you tag theirs, and that improves your Amazon ranking.  Well done, am proud of you!

working