I've been signed!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (35 posts)
  1. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been around much lately.  I see a lot of changes here and I hope to get back in the swing of things soon. 

I just wanted to let some of you know that persistence pays off!!!  Just last week I was signed by a literary agency for my romantic comedy screenplay.  I've been working on it for a very long time and after several tweaks and rewrites it caught the interest of an agent.  She is shopping it around now and keeping me busy on a few more projects that I have pitched. 

Part of the first scene to the script can be read on my 'Scriptbudy' hub which is the exact online software that I use to craft my scripts.

I'm very excited about my prospects.  The future is looking real good from where I'm sitting.

1. profile image0
      Ginny Kingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great stuff my man. Si it´s a screenplay then. I love scripbuddy, better than final draft. I have a final draft for sale. Download version!

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  That's great to hear.  Wishing you all the best moving forward. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Thanks for the inspiring feedback,long may it prosper smile

Come casting time,just have your people talk to my people wink and thats a wrap.

4. molometer profile image78
      molometerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations off to read the hub

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Congrats! smile

Just remember us little people. lol

1. profile image0

Sorry Cagsil, I seem to have landed up on your head mate!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Be fine ,hes gotta big head lol

(Couldnt resist) smile

1. profile image0

That´s so funny!

3. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Richard, so nice to see you again.  Wow, that is awesome!  Congratulations!  smile

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

That's wonderful news Richard!
    What an inspiration for budding writers ..wink

5. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Congratulations.  smile

6. livewithrichard profile image72

Thank you everyone for the nice words and well wishes. I'm very lucky to surround myself with positive thinking people. I can't tell you how many naysayers I've come across but it is my many friends here on Hubpages that are forward thinking and encouraging at every opportunity that convince me everyday that I'm working in the right direction.

Set a goal, work towards it, take the punches, and see it through to fruition!  It also helps to read 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne smile

1. profile image0

Have you posted on twitter?

livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope, that's not what I use Twitter for.

7. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Congratulations livewithrichard, get that champagne flowing!  Always good to hear such great news.

livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you but it was Jack and Diet Coke and we had a roaring good time smile  Next stage is getting a producer to make an offer on this or any of my scripts.  I'm not sitting back waiting for it to happen, I'm continuing with new stories and rewriting old ones.  My goal for 2012 is to sell a script and get paid$$$$

8. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Wow! Congrats! I'm very excited for you!

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Cool beans, Richard!  smile  Enjoy yourself! smile

10. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Oh my gosh, Richard.  Huge congratulations!  Keep up posted on the process.

11. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 12 years ago

Geez, so THIS is what you were alluding to!  Congrats, buddy!  I'm very happy for you!  Will you be the first HubPages author to have done this? In either case, I'm right behind you!  Keep inspiring and keep on writing wink  Well done!

12. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

Congrats! smile

13. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Well done...Exceedingly Well done...Future Famous Screenplay Author you!

14. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Richard, this is very exciting.  I'm very happy for you. I'm sure you worked very hard for this.

15. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Love to hear when good things happen to good hubbers!!
    Congrats!
    So who do you want to play the leads in your screenplay LWR???

16. livewithrichard profile image72

Thanks everyone.  It is an exciting time. It's one thing to get recognition and praise among your peers and it feels exponentially better getting recognition from and industry pro.

@Mighty Mom, funny you should ask that.  When I first wrote the romantic comedy I had certain actors in mind, I wrote using a voice common among the characters they play.  When I pitched the script I didn't mention any actors and my agent said to me that the lead male role would be perfect for Luke Wilson.  I almost flipped because that was the exact actor I was writing for.  If the agency can get him on board then it will surely be produced.

17. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Congrats! smile

18. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

Congrats!

19. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 12 years ago

So good to hear. Well done smile

20. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Thats really great to hear!

Congrats Richard!

21. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

Wow that is fantastic. Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

22. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

Great news , Congratulations on your success !

23. profile image0
    Mike Bigioniposted 12 years ago

Congrats! How long were you working on it for?

24. livewithrichard profile image72

Thanks for all the praise, it means a lot.

@Mike - I have at least 2 years invested in the romantic comedy and 6 months ago I decided to do yet another rewrite but this time to make it over-the-top funny and concentrate less on the romance.  That seemed to peak the interest that it needed.  I worked on pace and tempo and made sure that every single scene (46 in all) had a laugh or at least one that I thought was funny.

25. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 12 years ago

That is so great to here. I'm also an aspiring screenwriter/actor. I've also entered a contest @ pageawards.com, and its a legit Hollywood based screenplay contest where the chances of winning comes in about ten different spots every year. Win any of those and they will either buy the script from you, help you produce the script which means they will allow you to take part in the projects of being part of the team as it is being shot, and also make your name get serious recognition towards many companies that will give insights for future ideas on scripts and offers that you won't be able to resist turning down. You should check it out.

Congrats again and I also want to give you something that is helpful and useful although, I too, use scriptbuddy as well. Its screenwritingpro.com, a place where you can collaborate on scripts as well as being able to add to the mainstream of the work you have with your team of any sort.

Good Luck! And make us Proud Richard!

P.S.
    I have done many articles on film and also have many things that cover screenwriting as well as acting. I am in film school currently and also have many notes to add on these future articles. Once I get it done and revised a bit more I will let you know because I haven't really met much writers on the area of film yet on hubpages and might not be looking hard enough but everyone starts somewhere. Best wishes!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)