jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Does your score go down almost immediately after you down arrow someone's commen

1. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 14 months ago

Does your score go down almost immediately after you down arrow someone's comment?

Maybe it's a coincidence, but since it happens to me every single time, without fail, I can't help but wonder.... Are any of you having this experience?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13389790_f260.jpg

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 14 months ago

Hmm, can't say I have experienced this Savvy. But then I don't think I have ever given anyone's comment a "down arrow." Maybe I should try it smile

savvydatingposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Lol. So...about a minute after I down arrow, my score goes down. I will still down arrow, though. Some comments are filled with such falsehood, I feel compelled to do my part. But it backfires. Ha!

2. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 14 months agoin reply to this

My score drops anytime I answer a question, post a new hub, or comment. Fortunately, it seems to go back up again...a bit like a yoyo lately between 88 and 84.

3. savvydating profile image95

Strange that the system is set up that way. I disagree with that kind of restriction. This situation is not okay----we're supposed to interact..

3. Aime F profile image86
    Aime Fposted 14 months ago

Your score is affected if you're the one giving the down vote? How strange. Seems counter-intuitive to having users rate content. 

I could see if you got your answer down-voted, but the other way around doesn't make much sense to me.

Me neither, but it happens consistently.

4. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

I've seen my score go down when there are multiple downvotes on a comment but not in response to a single down vote.

I would say that is accurate---multiple down votes get me a lower score. Might be time for me to bring this matter to the attention of HP, that is, if I can find someone in the Company who actually cares. Ah, such is life...

2. tamarawilhite profile image90
      tamarawilhiteposted 14 months agoin reply to this

If one of my comments is hidden due to negative feedback, my hub score goes down one point.

3. savvydating profile image95

Seems to me, HP's system is somewhat convoluted. I'll plan on sending them an email. Don't know what else I can do... Maybe if others join in, HP will make some needed adjustments.

working