jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Have you ever voted someone's hub, comment, or answer down simply because you di

1. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

Have you ever voted someone's hub, comment, or answer down simply because you didn't like them?

Come on. Be honest. I see many legitimate answers being voted down, possibly on the basis that the voter did not agree with the answer. Voting is meant to indicate whether or not an answer was useful, not be used vindictively simply because someone else has other views. Have you caught yourself doing this? Vocal athiests, uberChristians, I'm looking in your direction. smile

2. JRK profile image59
    JRKposted 6 years ago

If I marked anyone down it would be for content that I found totally inaccurate and/or offensive.Not pleasing me does not make the writer a bad person.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

The only time I vote anything down is if I see obvious SPAM hubs or hubs that encourage illegal activity (i.e. "download free movies here," that sort of thing)

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I would never mark someone down because I did not agree with them. We have the right to say what we think whether it is correct in someone else's opinion or not. If I do not agree with someone, I will politely tell them and give them the reason. Voting down is for offensive, illegal, or totally inaccurate work. Do your research and we are fine.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I try to look at the content and writing style.

6. AOkay12 profile image80
    AOkay12posted 6 years ago

Never.  I have not had a reason to dislike anyone on Hubpages.  If a hub is not useful or enjoyable,then I don't vote or comment on that hub.  If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, it might be best to just move on to the next hub.

7. kentuckyslone profile image85
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

Yeah people do that a lot here. If you are really blunt and truthful in your answer they will vote you down because you are rude. Too many people do not want to hear the truth and do not really want an answer to their question.

AND Too many people post ridiculous questions just to boost their numbers. - Not speaking of your question but I am  SURE anyone familiar with the questions and answers can see it.

8. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

That definately happens. When I first started posting here I got voted up really quickly.  As soon as I started debating religion my votes seem to be dropping.

Funny that. Anyone would think the religious would be honest about voting....

9. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 6 years ago

I have not, in fact, if I disagree with an answer because I can see that it is coming from an unreasonable person, I don't vote at all. I have only voted a couple of answers down because I felt like they were derisive and/or disruptive.

10. alisha4u profile image37
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

Well, it is not a good practice, but the truth is that some of us do have the audacity to vote others down.
    Actually, it's kind of Cocky !! Doesn't go with Hub hygiene....

working