jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How long does it take for a DMCA complaint to get resolved?

1. Bobski606 profile image87
    Bobski606posted 11 months ago

How long does it take for a DMCA complaint to get resolved?

I filled a complaint via DMCA and through the hosting website a few months back when I noticed that one of my hubs had been copied. The article is still there on the internet and taking valuable traffic away from my original hub.
    I'd like to know if others have had success in filing complaints and what the next steps are as I haven't heard from anyone about this issue, thanks.

2. RonElFran profile image99
    RonElFranposted 11 months ago

A DMCA request doesn't actually take down the post, it just removes it from search results. I'd recommend doing a Google search on some unique text from your hub to see if the copy is still indexed. If it is, you can resubmit the DMCA request. When you submit it, you'll see a link to your DMCA dashboard. Follow that link, and save it. You can come back to it to see the status of your request.

If the site that copied your hub is on Blogger, you can have that page taken down. Go to https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/76315?hl=en and follow the directions.

1. Bobski606 profile image87
      Bobski606posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Ronald I'll give that a go. The article is on dynadot.com and haven't responded to my complaint their either.

3. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

Filing a DMCA with the hosting company usually results in removal within a few days. Most hosting companies take those filings pretty seriously. If the article is still up months later, it's time to file again.

You might also want to file one with Google, to have the unauthorized copy removed from search results.

Also: Dynadot.com has an IP address on Amazon, according to this listing. You might try filing there, as well.

http://whois.domaintools.com/dynadot.com

4. Ericdierker profile image58
    Ericdierkerposted 11 months ago

You are talking about conflict here. If someone claims your protest is wrong you just may be into it for awhile. If you claim as a peaceful poster without monetary goals and they claim - right back at you. They will see you in federal court.
    Bobby your answer is in direct proportion to resistance. Believe it or not all DMCA claims are not virgin pure.

working