jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

My Hub Profile score has dropped from 91 to 86. Am I being punished?

1. lifelovemystery profile image92
    lifelovemysteryposted 11 months ago

My Hub Profile score has dropped from 91 to 86. Am I being punished?

I recently began answering questions centered around politics. Since then, my overall score has dropped. This is the only change I have made and it seems ridiculous.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 11 months ago

Michelle

I think that you are on to something.
    But, the bigger question is what does that hub profile score really mean?

lifelovemysteryposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I try to respond thoughtfully and don't understand why this particular line of Q/A would impact my overall score in such a negative way.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 months ago

You're not being punished. No one but staff can tell you what determines the author score. So anyone claiming to know is just telling you some theories they have. So here's my theory - quality content and use of the full site get your author score higher. Drop some answers on some questions, participate a bit in the forums, comment some hubs you like - do those things and your score will rise.

I'll try to answer a different type of question. It seems the majority of questions in my feed are of a political nature. Thanks!

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Wes, U know I love U 2 pieces & pretty much agree w/U on most all issues...BUT...sorry hon...not w/U at all on this particular comment. No long-winded explanation~just read my Hub "Five Years a Swave."  I'll comment further later!

4. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 11 months ago

I have yet to see our score from 50 to 100 make any difference at all. It is totally worthless and has no effect on your views or whatever. You are just as eligible for all the benefits.
    84 and above used to mean something. Not anymore.

That's quite a range, yet it doesn't make a difference? That is disappointing.

2. fpherj48 profile image76

Michelle....MY opinion.  If it makes a difference to YOU, as a writer...IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!! Pls. take a few minutes to read my Hub, "Five Years a Swave.".....We'll talk!  Peace, Paula

3. Engelta profile image70
      Engeltaposted 11 months agoin reply to this

The HubberScore does not affect your views, but it certainly affects your income! I have experienced this a couple of times.

4. lifelovemystery profile image92

Paula (fpherj48) I read your hub, "Five Years a Swave" a few weeks ago, and I agree. It makes a difference to me as a writer, and how are we supposed to improve if there is no feedback related to the drop in our overall score?

5. fpherj48 profile image76

Yes, I was reminded U read my hub after I looked at my feed. I do agree w/ U! Not to mention that we could work on improvement if they would just give us some details about how scoring is done!  I've been so disappointed, I gave up!

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 11 months ago

No, you are not being punished. First, a quote from the FAQ says, "Please keep in mind that it is natural for HubScores and Hubber Scores to fluctuate up and down in unpredictable ways. It is best not to put too much emphasis on them."

Here is a link to the section in the FAQ about improving Hub and Hubber Score. It is a very short read.
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#how-to-improve-hubscore

At the Learning Center is an article about those scores. There are links to each at the article beginning to quickly find them in the article. The main element for Hubber Score is the collective score for Hubs. When that fluctuates then Hubber Score will. Anyway, here is the link:
    https://hubpageshelp.com/features/Learn … bber-score

There has always been speculation and theory how it works. And, most of the veterans especially in the forums say ignore it. I notice with mine it nudges +/- 2 points unless I publish something. Then it will make a bigger change if my Hub average has a significant change. My observation is my Hubber Score has found a point of equilibrium. I publish rarely and only real activity is here in the Q&A.

I hope that helps in some way . . .

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Tim
      The real question is why do we care about this number, especially when it has no real meaning. Is it subjective, objective, independent, dependent, comparative, intuitive, or just a carrot to play with?
      if the hubber can't knowingly affect it?

2. lifelovemystery profile image92

My score usually only has a +/- 2 point range as well, so I'm frustrated with not knowing what else may cause a 5-point dip. If it's something I can correct, I would love to do that. Thanks Tim!

working