jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Abe Books

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

With eBay not accepting Hubbers, and Kontera payments out of reach for all but the highest traffic Hubs, is it time for another affiliate option?

One site that I am a fan of is Abebooks - I used to buy a lot of wonderful old books from there. Are they a potential preferred affiliate for HP?

They pay 5% commission and utilise a 90 day cookie.

Any thoughts?

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

sounds good to me smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I love books smile and agree maybe there should be another affiliation of some sort. Are we making HP team work, Sufi wink

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Abe books has been bought by Amazon. Perhaps you should look at Powells.com they are a fantastic bookstore with a wonderful staff.

But I get your meaning that we need more ways to monetize the site. I've been asking for this for six months. It should be one that doesn't thow US affiliates out, if a interent sales tax law is passed in their state. (There are ways to work with the affiliate and not pay a sales tax, Amazon ignores these strategies.)

5. Sufidreamer profile image81

Hehe - I am sure that the HP team has plenty to do without looking at random posts from an old hippie.

Just a thought that crossed my mind when making my mental, out of reach wishlist for old books. Thank goodness I don't have a credit card or I would be in serious trouble big_smile

Hi cosette - How is life treating you?

EDIT: You shouldn't have told me that, Nelle - yet another excuse for procrastination hmm

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

really? wow. anyway yes more ways to monetize HP would be fantastic.

pretty well, i'd say smile

i wish the same for you.

1. Sufidreamer profile image81
        Sufidreamerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear it!

Everything is good in Greece, although we are a little cold and wet. Mind you, at least we don't have snow and sub-zero temperatures big_smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Google is allowing sites to have other advertisers compete next to their own ads too so it should be ok. big_smile

7. Sufidreamer profile image81

Good to have your input, Nelle - that taxation must be a bummer for you. I know that I could set up my own sites and install affiliate links, but I like the easy-to-use interface on HP.

Very useful for the technologically incompetent amongst us - even I can't mess that up big_smile

8. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

More affiliate options would be nice, but at the same time if offered I'm sure we'd end up with a ton of low-quality hubs. Kind of like how I've seen many Squidoo lenses turn out when they really started offering affiliates.

You could always use contextual links for ABE if they offer those.

working