jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a conversion factor that relates number of views to payment on HP?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 12 months ago

Is there a conversion factor that relates number of views to payment on HP?

Just curious. I know the more views you get, the more money is paid out.
    Is there a rough conversion factor? Is it close to 4 views per penny?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 12 months ago

From what I have learned in the forums it is from $2 to $5 per 1,000 views. Mine seems to be near $2 / 1000. My 30-day views from the stats page are pretty constant. Next, at the stats page I goto Earnings → Earnings Reports and look at Last Month. Then I do the math using my 30-Day views as a constant.

jackclee lmposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I was getting around 3 per thousand views but noticed a drop in the last month. Have others experience this also?

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 12 months agoin reply to this

I think part of the equation is the value of ads that are clicked on. Unsure . . .

3. jackclee lm profile image81

Yes, the actual calculation is more complicated. It also depends if someone bought an item you may recommend say on amazon.
      I think it also depends on how long someone stay on your page. I heard once that anything less than 3 minutes does not count

3. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 12 months ago

My last month is 6.6 views per penny earned as oppose to 3.7 views per penny in the past 10 months. This is a drop of almost 50%. Is anyone else seeing this drop as well?

I am beginning to feel like hubpages is turning into airlines with their airline frequent flier miles... the value changes from day to day...
      How many views to make a penny depends on whim...

working