Do comments affect search results?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 6 months ago

Do comments affect search results?

Say a keyword is mentioned in a comment on one of your articles, can that potentially impact your Hub's search result placement?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 months ago

To my limited knowledge comments do impact ranking. Comments add to the quality of the article. So, I would think if keywords are used in comments then it will add to keyword density. 

Here is a great article how comments impact an article ranking. … nking.html

HubPages today recommends not to approve comments that do not add value to the article. There are discussions on the forum about how to handle comments to Hub. BTW . . . HubPages monitors comments and if not attended to I think in a week time they will admin approve or not approve them. Here is a link to the most recent announcement about capsules in the forums. It might be worth a read. … ule-update

Here is a forum thread link with discussion about comments and how to handle them from 6 months ago. … d-comments

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Tim. If comments affect search results, that gives us even more incentive to answer and moderate them.