jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Google Indexing Speed - Good Old Days Gone

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

https://i.imgflip.com/23jqpe.jpg

Just my personal rant for the day.

Been 10 days for a hub and still waiting.

Been over a month for a website article and still waiting.

Fortunately, throwing "how to submit a url to google" at them apparently solves the problem.

Got any related tips? Throw them here. big_smile

paradigmsearchposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Re-rant.

Zero out of over 100 website pages crawled today. Thinking of resubmitting the whole blasted site, though it's been said that traffic drops afterwards as Google re-digests things.

2. cleoaddams profile image91
    cleoaddamsposted 2 months ago

I always manually submit my URL's to Google. I don't wait for them. It definitely seems to help. Also, I've been getting some good traffic from Pinterest lately. I take advantage of adding relevant tags to the description box when I pin an article.

Pinterest has been good to me in the past as well.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

Hey, folks. I seldom drop by https://hubpages.com/my/hubs/traffic-sources , but I just noticed Bing and Yahoo aren't ignoring us nearly as much as they used to. Can't help but wonder if MVEN had anything to do with that.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months ago

I just assume when it takes longer for me to see traffic from Google than usual, it must be because I'm declining in ability. I've never been so vain as to search Google for my new article - No wait, It isn't that I'm not vain, it's that I fear rejection.

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
      DrMark1961posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Who you callinĀ“ vain, Willis?
      I just checked the hub I published about a week ago and found out that it is indexed and already the featured snippet. (No, PDS, I am not going to complain about that!)
      I used the Google "submit your article" feature since when I checked after a few days it was still not visible on my search.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90

I am proud to say Google has never rejected me. They just put me on page 100.

1. DrMark1961 profile image99
        DrMark1961posted 2 months agoin reply to this

That sounds like a great hub: "Secrets and Tips to make it to Google Page 100"

Reminds me of that joke:

Where's the best place to hide a dead body?

The second page of Google.

5. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 2 months ago

Update on my featured snippet: Still zero traffic from Google. Do I sense a pattern here, PDS?

If Google is displaying the main content of your hub, so that the reader does not have to click it; Yep!

working