jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Pending hub

1. literal profile image43
    literalposted 2 weeks ago

I have a hub pending and traffic is rising 2 triangles.  Does this mean it will get featured.

1. K S Lane profile image93
      K S Laneposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

You probably have a higher chance of being featured if you're getting good traffic, but ultimately it comes down to the quality of the Hub.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Not so, KS.  Whether or not a pending Hub is Featured is based on other things, traffic has nothing to do with it.

1. K S Lane profile image93
          K S Laneposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

It appears I've been misinformed, Marisa. Thanks for correcting me smile

You might be confusing it with what happens to older Hubs that get the message "Not Featured - traffic".   That only happens when an existing Hub, that's been Featured for some time, fails to get enough traffic over several months.  Then it will be unfeatured for lack of traffic.  At that point, it becomes invisible to Google so it's not likely to get more traffic until you improve it - but just occasionally, you might get enough traffic from other sources that could revive it.

literalposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

your comments are much appreciated.  thank you

2. literal profile image43

its all new to me lol

thats true traffic has nothing to do with it.

no it didn't happen.  Back to editing

2. EricFarmer8x profile image98
    EricFarmer8xposted 2 weeks ago

A Hub is featured or not depending on the review process. It takes about two days normally for me but I have seen some of my Hubs reviewed pretty fast.

3. Glenis Rix profile image99
    Glenis Rixposted 2 weeks ago

The topics of some of my hubs are related to specific times of year and unlikely to get much traffic when they are unseasonal. Is it best to unpublish them before they are unfeatured and then re-publish at the appropriate time of year?

Thanks never heard about doing that

Never, ever do that, ever ever!

Hubs get their traffic from Google.  It takes months to gain a good reputation with Google.  If you unpublish a Hub, Google "forgets" it.  That means it has to build a reputation all over again, from scratch, when you republish it.

If you want to write a Christmas Hub, write it in June to give it plenty of time to gain traction before the Christmas buying season.  And don't unpublish it after Christmas, let it keep maturing.

1. Glenis Rix profile image99
          Glenis Rixposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for your advice.

2. wilderness profile image98
          wildernessposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

One of my Christmas hubs, published 6 years ago, has not matured and has enough "juice" to get some traffic year round.  I usually see a dozen or so views on most days. 

It would never have happened had I unpublished it each year.

2. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

If you unpublish them, you cannot prove their original date should they be copied. When you republish, you may not be able to because they will come up as duplicate.

4. DS Dollman profile image96
    DS Dollmanposted 2 weeks ago

Seriously? I've been writing online for years and never knew that, and yes I have unpublished articles because they weren't performing well. I assumed the smart approach was to move them around and try to find a site that paid better. Thanks for the advice, especially on the holiday posts!

working