jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Opinions about Transformational _Generative...

1. F 96 profile image75
    F 96posted 13 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article and tell me how to improve my writing.
    Opinions about Transformational _Generative Grammar TGG (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I have no idea what you are trying to say with this article. However, here are the issues as I see them:

Underscore in title.

No introduction. Your reader needs to know what the article is about.

No bio.

Too many quotes: the whole article appears to consist of quotations with very little input from the writer. It will flag the hub for duplicate content.

'Langue'. If you use French terms, they need to be italicised.

Looks as though your own written text has been lifted from Encyclopedia Britannica and here biblioteka.vpu.lt/elvpu/40496.pdf

Some sentences are only half a line long; you've pressed Enter halfway through.

Checking your profile, your English grammar is not very good.

Also, the same things apply to your other article. That one seems to have been copied from https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio … tive_Study

Sorry, I can't be more positive.

1. F 96 profile image75
        F 96posted 13 days agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot this will help me, and don't worry about not being positive, I am just undergraduate student and Chomsky's theories are my research so I tried to improve myself by sharing what I write with others.

theraggededgeposted 13 days agoin reply to this

Okay, fair enough, but an article needs structure and flow.

Have a browse here: https://hubpageshelp.com/

There are some tabs at the top which will lead to more content. If you look at how those help articles are laid out and structured, you'll get a good idea what HP is looking for.

1. F 96 profile image75
            F 96posted 13 days agoin reply to this

Many thanks ❤

2. F 96 profile image75
            F 96posted 9 days agoin reply to this

Excuse me, I have a question and I hope you can help me, while I'm writing my research I found that some writers write the same idea but in different style how can I cite them, I mean for normal citation I write the last name of the author, the year of the book and the page, but here if I wrote so ans so say how I will write the year and page for both?

theraggededgeposted 9 days agoin reply to this

I wouldn't cite them at all unless they are official studies/sites that back up your facts. At the bottom of the article is fine. You don't even have to provide a link.

1. F 96 profile image75

My research is on paper, what I am asking about like if I have two paragraphs, of TGG for instance, from two writers in two different books, but the meaning is the same how to write? Do I have to choose one or write each one separately?

theraggededgeposted 9 days agoin reply to this

I don't know, sorry sad

1. F 96 profile image75

It's ok, but do you know someone who knows?

working