jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: My Fiero

1. RuthCoffee profile image85
    RuthCoffeeposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article My Fiero. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

This is a page I wrote years ago and it was actually put together along with a "debate/discussion" type component, but Hubpages doesn't have that feature so that part is gone. So now I'm just trying to get it published but for some reason it is NOT acceptable. Perhaps it's just not useful enough in this form. Anyway, your feedback would be appreciated.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image95
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks ago

Based on the number of comments, this article has already attracted some interest, I'm glad to see. What's your word count? If it's below 600, adding a bit more should help; aim for 700 and more if possible. Additionally, captioning photos and altering your title (something slightly longer) could also assist you, at least in terms of traffic.

This is more of a personal story than an informative article, which Hubpages seems to hesitate on, but it wouldn't be the first, so I say keep at it until it's featured. Considering the colorful pictures and strong writing, I enjoyed this piece more than most articles that ask for help.

3. RuthCoffee profile image85
    RuthCoffeeposted 3 weeks ago

Ok, thanks for that. It's actually over 850 words, but I will try to lengthen it a bit and change the title, add a few captions. But you confirmed what I suspected...it's short (very) story and not a useful type of thing...and that is probably it's main issue.   

That's good to know as a Hubpages beginner.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image95
      Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

This might be too big a change, but you could make it half informative by converting it to a Pros and Cons of owning a Fiero and use your experiences as a basis.

Either way, keep it up, looking forward to future content!