jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Quote of the Day - Stephen King

1. Kenna McHugh profile image87
    Kenna McHughposted 7 weeks ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13929313_f1024.jpg
    “If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
    ― Stephen King

2. profile image0
    chefsaeedposted 7 weeks ago

Strongly Agreed

3. Kenna McHugh profile image87

I am glad you strongly agree because we need to read to our children and encourage them to read. Don't you think so?

1. k@ri profile image90
      k@riposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I always read to my children, plus they always saw me reading.  Now they both read pretty much every day.

4. Miebakagh57 profile image45
    Miebakagh57posted 7 weeks ago

There is this thing called reading culture. Read and let others see your example. Read and you will soon or later like to be a writer.

Kenna McHughposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Kind of like a lake overflowing into a river, right?

5. profile image0
    chefsaeedposted 7 weeks ago

A good listener is a good speaker , I will say a good reader is a good writer.

I agree.

6. Jessie L Watson profile image96
    Jessie L Watsonposted 7 weeks ago

I actually discovered my writing talent before I was much into books. I've had to train myself to set aside time in the day to read. My attention span is such that I live my life 20 minutes at a time. Every day, I lay on my yoga mat with a stack of 3 books, set an alarm for 20 minutes, then rotate books until an hour has passed. What I lack in attention and focus I make up for in biographical memory.

I would wager that Stephen King has an astronomical IQ. His books have taken up prime real estate on shelves everywhere from coffee shops to airports for over 20 years.

1. Jean Bakula profile image97
      Jean Bakulaposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

It's a great quote. I would not survive in a world where I couldn't read. I love it. And I've learned so much from it. I write a lot more when I read too, it inspires me.

7. Miebakagh57 profile image45
    Miebakagh57posted 7 weeks ago

The more I read, the more my mind seems to relax. Or the more the mind seems to be wondering about aimlessly. There is a tonic release release while one reads. It heals mind, soul and body.

8. Kenna McHugh profile image87

I read to my daughter every night and she saw me read, too. She reads all the time now.

9. kenneth avery profile image83
    kenneth averyposted 7 weeks ago

Kenna, my wife and I read to our daughter from the time that she was three on up through earlier grades. I envy your time with your daughter. But I am glad that I listened to our daughter than watch football.

Kenneth, I bet those are special moments you'll never forget. My daughter and I reminisce about the nights I read Harry Potter to her. It's her favorite series. I agree about listening to your daughter. It is so important to listen and be with our children. She is lucky to have you.

working