jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Question - Duplicate Content

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

I just published a Hub & got a notice of duplicate content. 

What is duplicate is verbatim quotes from historical documents that are of course available on the web.  The quotes are the basis & reason for the Hub.

I put each quote in its own titled module that clearly identifies the source.  And since I did it that way, I did not put quotation marks around each quote.

All that explaination to ask this: If I edit in quotation marks will that eliminate the duplicate content warning & thereby not hurt the score?

Or, is there an avenue of appeal to argue my case?

Thanks in advance for answers and/or advice.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Submit it for review. All pages are crawled by bots. A real person will check out your hub and remove the duplicate content thing. It may take a few days to get this taken care of. I wouldn't worry about it.

2. Ken R. Abell profile image81

Thanks, Sir Dent.

How do I submit it for review?

1. profile image0

When you go to the hub there should be a button to submit it for review. It will be at the top of the page with the header.

I realize things have changed since the last time I had a duplicate content warning. The button may have been moved to a different spot on the page.

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
        Ken R. Abellposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. 

I sent an e-mail requesting a review.

1. profile image0

As I said before, it may take a few days for them to review it. Any time we use quotes that are elesewhere on the Internet we run the possibility of getting a duplicate content warning.

Just don't worry about it now.

2. skyfire profile image75
      skyfireposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One good option is to sign up to copyscape. com and check if it is copied work or not.

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

appeal to the highest authorities I say, no really.  hmm:

4. Ken R. Abell profile image81

Big Whoop.  My appeal resulted in this:

CERTIFIED ORIGINAL: This Hub has been granted an exception to the HubPages duplicate content penalty.

working