jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Traffic Vs. Comments

1. bat115 profile image68
    bat115posted 7 years ago

Am I doing something wrong with my hubs that get a substantial amount of traffic yet, no one leaves a comment on them? Am I wrong in feeling that way?

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a dozen or so hubs that don't open up any conversation, therefore I get lots of traffic, but no comments.

My other Hubs that are more dedicated to specific conversational topics, get comments. But, the comments are mostly from Hubbers anyways.

I don't get too many comments from outside HubPages. smile

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image80
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub with over 1,000 views and zero comments, but it doesn't concern me.  I also have hubs with less than 100 views and multiple comments.  The more controversial your topic, the more comments you can expect. Otherwise, for my primarily informational or commercial hubs, I don't really expect comments, and any I receive are icing on the cake.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Are your Hub topics the sort of thing that opens up discussion?  I find that you have to write in a way that opens a conversation if you want to have one with your readers.

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

And then they may be scared of you avatar, too lol

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol

bat115posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I get for choosing a pic of me just waking up in the morning sad

4. brimancandy profile image81
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

I enjoy hearing what people have to say about my hubs. The only problem with comments, is that it takes longer for the page to load if there are a lot of them.

By the way, I love your avatar bat115. You should put a little cartoon balloon above it that says. "What's Up!" Like they did in the first Scary Movie.

It kind of looks like Godzilla's yearbook photo. Underneath it, it says, Most likely to reign terror in Japan.

5. bat115 profile image68
    bat115posted 7 years ago

Thanks, I just write about what interests me and it does make me feel good to get comments from people, good or bad. so, I guess that's just my problem, heh.

6. tipperary profile image59
    tipperaryposted 7 years ago

IM OFF TO TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR HUBS NOW AND ILL LEAVE YOU A COMMENTON WHAT I READ!

7. tipperary profile image59
    tipperaryposted 7 years ago

ok im back,  your hubs are great for those wishing to see film reviews,  as i was delighted to see a review on Avator,  but i suppose not everyone is interested in this subject,  maybe,  as you are an interesting writer,  you should write about other subjects also.  Also comment on others stories and their new stories as i find this reminds them to visit your page.  I always visit those who have been good to leave a comment on mine!

8. EWS profile image59
    EWSposted 7 years ago

Depends on how interesting the subject is.  Sometimes you get tons of traffic but if your topic is "tube socks" what are people going to write about?

Wesley
    EWS

9. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 7 years ago

Depends on where the traffic is coming from.  Given that most are film and music reviews, you may be driving traffic from outside of HP since the topic variety is rather limited.  I've found that typically readers from outside of a community don't leave comments but your possibility for making money is greater.

10. bat115 profile image68
    bat115posted 7 years ago

Thanks to all who replied!

11. Wayne Orvisburg profile image81
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

Wow, there's someone here that looks just like me!

bat115posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

working