earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Doreen Mallett profile image69
    Doreen Mallettposted 5 years ago

How does one earn from articles published on HubPages? I have never earned anything, I have posted about 11 articles and one in particular has had over 4000 viewings. At the moment I have stopped creating new articles for the platform.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You need enough articles to generate at least 1k views per day to see earnings. And, of course, it depends if people are searching for the information you are offering.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Eek, that's false information. I get under 1k a day for most of the year and still make more than the bare minimum for payout each month and I know quite a few who have a CMP higher than me.

Look at your CPM personally and calculate from there Doreen, but you can only do this once you are signed up for an ad program.

Okay, but I can only go by my own experience. When I started, I aimed for 1k views per day and then worked up from there.

Yeah, of course. More views = More earnings.

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
            Isivwe Muoboposted 5 years agoin reply to this

1,000 views daily is quite impressive. Do you get this now? If you do, would you mind sharing some of your tips for achieving this.

I hope to achieve something like this and maybe more as time goes on.

Yes, my next target is a regular 10k per day. I average around 7.5k at the moment. There are writers here who get much much, more than that smile

I went to check my total traffic and I've just gone past 4 million views without noticing big_smile

You just have to keep writing and looking for those rich veins to mine.

Did you very very recently start hitting those numbers? I'm at 1.5 million and I would say my yearly average is 900 a day. Those are amazing numbers, but I'm confused at you being only 4 million. If it's very recent, anything major that you did to make this happen? New articles or massive overhauls?

No, it's been gradual, with a bit of a decline since Christmas like everyone else. It's been picking up recently though but nothing major.

I didn't write anything for HP for over three years and then when earnings began to increase a couple of years ago, I started writing again.

I see. Thanks for replying.

2. Titia profile image92
        Titiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My total views per day are between 250-300 and I reach the minimum for payout every two months. I never had 1k views in one day.

2. bhattuc profile image84
      bhattucposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If your account is linked to Google Adsense then there should not be such a situation. What I understand is hubpages does not pay anything from its side. What it does is sharing of revenue from Google Adsense and others.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

Have you checked the Help Center?

https://hubpageshelp.com/money/

I notice you haven't written anything for a year and with just 11 articles your earnings are going to be very low.

3. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 5 years ago

Doreen, when you said you haven't earned anything, do you seriously mean your Earnings page reflect not a cent? If so, did you complete the initial setup? Applying for AdSense and enabling ads, etc?

4000 views, by my experience, is not going to make you significant money. I doubt that figure would even generate a dollar. However, there should at least be something. A few cents, perhaps.

4. Doreen Mallett profile image69

Someone asked if I had not earned a cent - and the answer - not even a cent. I have not posted or a while because financially it didn't seem to make much sense.
    Yes - I have signed up with my paypal account but at the time I did not have enough traffic to do adsense I was told.

I would really like to know from you all whether you are making reasonable sums of money. At the moment I am looking for other writing avenues because this does not seem to be working for me.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, many of us make a good living here. That is not going to matter to you. Unless you take the time and go through the hassle of getting an adesense account, you will never earn a cent here.
      If you do not want an adesense account, and do not want to write enough to be considered, then looking elsewhere is your best option.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I make the $50 minimum more often than not.  And that is based on writing obscure and not very popular topics.  Whether this is right for you depends on whether you can get adsense, and whether you could make more somewhere else.

3. lobobrandon profile image88

Last summer almost made 4 figures a month. But, having a Paypal without adsense is not going to get you a cent. You need to have Adsense and Adsesne is based on the number of articles you have not the amount of traffic you get. If you have more than 10 featured hubs, sign up for Adsense and only then expect to start earning. Once you sign up for Adsense you can then sign up for the HP ad program if you choose to, it is this that pays through Paypal, but only after you have associated an Adsense account.

5. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Aren't you tired?

6. CYong74 profile image96

Doreen, I believe if you already have 10 hubs and one has garnered some traffic, you should apply for AdSense again. Your chances of approval are much higher. Also, the money for most of us comes from the HP ads program, not from Adsense itself.

To answer your qn, my first day of earning here in Mar 2016 was > 0.01 cents. It was mortifying, to say the least. But after some careful learning,  i am able to have a monthly payout since last year. Not a salary by any measure. But then, i honestly spend less than 10 hours each week working on HP stuffs. To me, it's a pretty handsome deal.

7. Doreen Mallett profile image69

Thank you all  for your responses to my outreach for help. I will now sign up to AdSense and also consider  the  HP ads.
    I have been reading up on monetizing blogs  and I will see if  I  can  follow some of the advice I have  picked up.
    I  really need to use  writing  as  income  generating.

Once you have Adsense you can also use it to monetize your blog. In almost all cases of individuals earning from writing on the internet, Adsense is the first step.

8. CYong74 profile image96

Doreen, I have to warn you about AdSense, based on what you wrote. I fell victim to this when I started.

AdSense has this confusing difference between a hosted AdSense account and a non-hosted account. The former is when you apply via an AdSense partner like HubPages.

If your account is of the hosted nature, you can only use it with the partner you applied through. In other words, if you applied via HubPages and is approved, you can only earn from AdSense here. You cannot use the account anywhere else

Worse, you can't even use it with other partners. Meaning a HP applied for AdSense account cannot be used with YouTube. And vice versa.

I did a quick search online and it seems the darn system is still there. You should read up more about it if you're planning to monetize any blogs. (Nonetheless, since you already have material here, you should at least get your stuff here monetized)

Wow. Didn't know it was so crazy.

1. CYong74 profile image96
        CYong74posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It was also pretty distasteful. I had AdSense ads on my hubs for 1.5 years, but wasn't paid a cent.

Because you didn't reach 100 USD by the time you made the switch or was there some other reason?

1. CYong74 profile image96
            CYong74posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What happened was, I didn't know about all these, so when I started on HP, I activated the earnings program using the Adsense code I received via YouTube. It worked, I began to earn from the HP ads program immediately. However, because my AdSense code was a hosted account established via YouTube, I was not eligible for payment for any AdSense ads displayed on my hubs. According to Adsense rules, you can only earn via one partner if using a hosted account.

And so for the next 1.5 years, I received nothing for all AdSense ad impressions on my hubs. I could actually see the impressions and clicks in my AdSense stats, but I was not paid a cent. This only changed when I managed to get a full account i.e. a non-hosted account using my own blog.

In a way, it's my fault too for not researching about it beforehand. Then again, the info wasn't exactly everywhere or obvious. Most people I asked didn't even know what I was talking about. AdSense also, not even once, answered my queries. (Apparently, it was a sudden change thereabout 2016 too)

2. Doreen Mallett profile image69
      Doreen Mallettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So grateful for the advice. Thanks.

3. bhattuc profile image84
      bhattucposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My understanding was that with one Google Adsense account you can link it to as many hosts as possible though you have indicated something different. It needs more deliberation.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That used to be the case, but now Adsense can be given conditionally to use on only one sire.

1. OldRoses profile image94
          OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When did it change?  I have both my personal website and HubPages on the same Adsense account.

9. Stella Kaye profile image83
    Stella Kayeposted 5 years ago

I don't even bother looking at my earnings as I know they are next to nothing. I have about 270 featured articles and get about 30 page views per day. Hardly worth the bother but I don't know where else I can publish my writing.

DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are more than 30 English speakers looking for info on going to Tetouan every day, so you should have a lot more traffic than that. You do not need to look for somewhere else to publish as it will do the same until you learn how to write more effective titles from an SEO standpoint. I would suggest that you start by reading lobobrandon ´s article on SEO.
      https://hubpages.com/community/HubPages … -SEO-Guide
      Are you submitting your articles to Hubpages every 2 weeks so that they will be considered for a niche site? If you are not, you need to start that immediately. Your traffic will be much better.

10. Ishmael Akeema profile image74
    Ishmael Akeemaposted 4 years ago

Can you also help me out? how long does it take to get promotion to a payment status. I started about two years now but  i do not earn anything. I cannot identify  the problem on my page.

DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Your profile states "I have passion for writing articles about business world and other things that relate to real life situation." yet you have only written 5 articles in your whole time here, and none of them on business, which you said is your passion.
      If you keep up this behavior, you will never earn here. It has nothing to do with "payment status". It has a lot to do with your willingness to work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)