Is It Worth It Writing Here If Articles Aren't Moved to the Niche Site

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
    Isivwe Muoboposted 5 years ago

I read on here that articles that aren't moved to the niche sites don't get as much live as those on the niche sites.

Would it be wise to continue writing here knowing there's the possibility of that happening, although I try to make my articles optimized in the hopes it will pull in some traffic from search engines.

That doesn't seem to be working so well for me as I've only gotten a handful of visits from search engines.

Would you stop writing if most of your hubs weren't moved?

1. robhampton profile image93
      robhamptonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Monetarily? No

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

It's very discouraging to me when I publish something I think is good, and the editors don't think as highly of the thing as I did. I have to remind myself that often they wind up moving the exact article, almost as is, to a niche site at a later date.

Also, some of my things which are on the Hubpages domain do get enough traffic so that I'm not bothered by them being left here.

Also, it can take some time for Google to recognize good work. I've had articles sit around and do little to nothing for a year, and then all of a sudden they start getting lots of traffic.

Isivwe Muoboposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yea, it's very discouraging. I'm not a native English-speaker, but I try my best to make my articles come out good.

I'll keep at it and also work towards improving my writing and hopefully things pick up soon.

Thanks for the response and encouraging words.

1. Ben716 profile image89
        Ben716posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, English is not my native language. Some of my articles have been moved to niche sites while the majority of them are sitting on hubpages.

About two or three articles that were unlucky to be moved to niche sites are doing fine. Sometimes it depends with the topic content, whether it's seasonal or not, short or long and such.

However, I am bettering my English and publishing whenever possible or ready. So, I will continue publishing here because Hubpages has been my home for the past nine years or so.

3. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

That is a very hard question. Will your income be less if your articles are not moved to a niche site? Definitely.
    Are you writing on here just for an income, or are you hoping for something else too?
    If you are hoping just for an income, you have to do all you can to get your articles moved. Submit them, continue to edit them, even have other people in your area take a look at them before publishing.
    If you are looking to improve your skill on the internet, there are a lot of great people here who are willing to help. Some of them (like theraggededge) has been able to use her Hubpages articles to generate other work.
    Things will pick up. Smile, this is not a scam!

Thanks for the kind words, DrMark1961.

I'll admit my main purpose of writing here is to make money (lol), but I guess if I changed this I wouldn't be so frustrated not making any.

I'll look into achieving two more things from my hubs:

1. Helping people solve a problem

3. Getting a traffic spillover (when I finally start getting traffic) to my website.

I'll be on the lookout for hubbers I can learn from. I already identified a few and will work towards learning from you guys.

1. greenmind profile image94
        greenmindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You really do have the right idea, and you are asking good questions.

I feel like I say this a lot, but here it is again: It takes more time to make money here than most writers realize. You'll need at least a year and more than 50 quality articles, most of them on niche sites, to get anywhere. All of the articles that make money for me needed two or more years before they started producing meaningful traffic.

My advice to you is to put your head down and start churning out quality articles without worrying about traffic or money. If you do the work and write the articles, traffic and money will follow in time.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
          Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is good advice. You can submit two articles to niche sites each month on your own. Keep trying to improve them, and ask questions on the forums. People are willing to help. It does take time and you need to build up a good body of work before you see money. And eventually HP itself will be a graveyard of articles, you really have to aim to get them on the niches. Everything changed when the niches began and the Maven took over.

Hi Jean, yea, that has been my plan. I submitted one four days ago so have to wait for ten more days to submit another.

I hope it gets moved as the first one I submitted didn't.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
              DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What reasons did they give? You could start another thread and ask the forum participants how you could improve it. Sometimes it is a small thing that needs to be changed. For your scamming article, for example, I think it needs to be organized differently. (I am sure there are others that disagree. It is better to ask several people on here.)
              Be sure to include the link to the article and the details of the email from HP.

I didn't get a notification for the rejection email and a search through my inbox still didn't produce it. I'll do another search or better still, will just submit the same hub and be on the lookout for the response that will come.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                  Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can write at Team@Hubpages.com to ask if you don't understand why an article is getting rejected too. I don't have the addresses of each editor of the niche sites.

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image71

Wow, two years is rather a long time. I'm glad it all worked out, though.

For me, I guess I'll just readjust my mind to see this as a long term project and not expect to make any money anytime soon.

Takes for taking the time to respond.

2. sirama profile image90
        siramaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am also not a native English speaker. But, your English is better than mine and if you write for couples of years here, definitely you will succeed.

By the way, do I need a special pill to see point number 2 in your reply to DrMark1961? Just Kidding smile

Haha lol didn't even realize I skipped number 2.

Thanks for the advice; will keep writing.

1. Babu Mohan profile image93
            Babu Mohanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Isivwe on your article being moved to a niche site.  I am glad the seniors were helpful. They were very helpful to me whenever I got stuck.  I am a newbie and so I don't have much to offer as advice. I am active only from October 2018 after four dormant years. Patience and persistence alone pays in online world.  You seem sincere, quality conscious and persistent with your efforts. You can certainly make your presence felt in online world. Keep writing.

4. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

Congratulations on your new Toughnickel article. Keep submitting every 15 days and ask for help if any are refused.

5. Larry Slawson profile imageSTAFF
    Larry Slawsonposted 5 years ago

Yeah, just echoing what everyone else has already said... but definitely seek out help on the forums here.  There are some great authors here that can really help you out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)