New to Hubpages!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Sehrish Farooqui profile image61
    Sehrish Farooquiposted 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I am new to HubPages and would like to know more about the platform. I like to write about different countries and their cultures and would love to showcase my skills in the HubPages community. I am not expecting a huge income stream from HubPages however, It would be really helpful if someone can give me some tips on increasing some followers and traffic. I am expecting to publish my hub in the next couple of days.

Thanks,
    Sehrish

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Write fairly lengthy articles, 1250 words is recommended; break up the article into subsections using the text capsules; craft search-friendly titles, meaning create titles that reflect what people actually will type into a search engine; use images, at least a few in an article; maybe use a video too.

Good to have you and good luck!

Sehrish Farooquiposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your prompt reply. I would also like to know what does the word "impressions" mean in the earnings tab.

I have started learning about SEO and would positively learn more about it.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages Sehrish.

"Impressions" represent the number of times an ad has been shown. I wrote a few tutorials for new writers to know more about the platform. They are listed in the spotlight at the top of my profile.

I look forward to seeing what you write about other cultures. Good luck with that.

Thanks a lot, Glenn Stok.

2. profile image0
      Promaxinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well come, dear friend! lolz.

3. OldRoses profile image95
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The best place for information about writing on HubPages is in the Learning Center (Help button, upper right).

Thank you so much, OldRoses.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

How new are you to online writing?

I am a complete novice and would be publishing my first hub soon.

1. peachpurple profile image82
        peachpurpleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

have not seen one yet, anyway welcome aboard!

I usually wite around 800 to 900 words per hub, insert my own phitos taken from my mobile phone, do not insert links to other sites even though.you wrote the posts.

only insert links that are hubpages, yours or other hubbers

3. Cynthia Hoover profile image88
    Cynthia Hooverposted 3 years ago

Welcome to the community at HubPages Sehrish, nice to meet you! I see you have gotten some great tips already from fellow hubbers. Glenn and NateB11 always give great advice here in the forums.

Glenn has also published several articles that I have found to be insanely useful and full of information about being successful here.

As far as followers, I have no idea lol! I try to only follow people who's content I am interested in. I assume the same can be said of those who follow me. I do not really concern myself with the number of followers I have. While my numbers maybe low there, my traffic is higher than the volume of followers I have.

I wish you the best of luck here and look forward to seeing your first published articles!

Thank you so much, Cynthia. I see that I have to learn a lot from you all who have several years of experience, but the great thing about me is I am willing to learn and grow.

Life is all about learning. I thought of publishing my first article years ago, but I backed off. This time, I would not repeat that mistake again and begin with a good start.

4. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Hello, welcome smile

The best place to start is here: https://hubpageshelp.com/ and here: https://hubpages.com/faq/

As for followers, don't worry about them. Your articles need to be found via search engines, not your followers.

Write on evergreen topics--those that will still be relevant in a few year's time. Avoid CV-19 like the plague big_smile

1. profile image0
      Promaxinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lol! lol

Thank you @theraggededge for your suggestion. I really appreciate that!

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image70
      Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, Sehrish. You can make some good money here, however, don't expect it to happen soon as it sometimes takes a while.

Before writing, look for topics people are searching for, that way you are sure of getting lots of free organic traffic from search engines once your posts start to rank.

You can make use of Google keyword planner or ubbersuggest to find out some of these keywords with high search volume and low competition.

To get followers, check out other people's hubs and leave interesting and insightful comments. You can also follow them if you like their posts and hopefully, they'll return the favour.

Just generally stay active and people who like your topics with follow you.

Thank you so much for the information, Isivwe Muobo.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)