Viscous Realty Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (49 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Post your awful, vicious problems here. Turns out that misery loves company.
    This might actually help people; that is the objective.

I'll start.
    Medical. Happy to go into details as needed
    Financial. Happy to go into details as needed.

1. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

In debt trying to pay rent.
      Scared to go back to work because I'm high risk.
      Having major respiratory issues these days, still haven't totally gotten to the bottom of it.
      Tired much of the time, wake up too early, have to sleep during the day.
      Way more aches and pains these day.
      Going to the bathroom seems like a major event.

However, I have a roof overhead, food and an A/C going during these triple digits. Plus, I'm getting a long-overdue needed break from work.

1. theraggededge profile image88
        theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh Nate, I'm sorry you are going through this.

And Para, too.

I can relate to your aches and pains. I have fibromyalgia that suddenly arrived two years ago. All over to start with, then concentrated in my left leg. Agony. I've completely given up wheat and that has helped a lot.

And those daytime naps! I've never slept in the day before; now I can't get through the day without a snoozle or two.

1. NateB11 profile image87

Thank you, Bev.

I've heard fibromyalgia is very difficult. I hope that you have relief from that pain.

The napping seems to be the new normal for me. Not currently going to work, I can get away with it!

2. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mmmm naps.  Yes, I am finding a daily nap necessary these days too.  I thought it was old age, but maybe the uncertainty is taking its toll on the population.  Enjoy them while we can; recharging our batteries for the time when we have to lean in again.

2. Al Stine profile image94
      Al Stineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

@Paradigmsearch, Nate, Bev.
      If anything, misery needs company. It is comforting to know that our struggles are not ours alone, but we share them.
      Life is always a struggle, we struggle for our first breath into this world, we struggle for our last breath out of this world.
      We learn to embrace the little sprinkles of joy that life has to offer and live on.

Re misery needing company. Yes, kind of.

Generally, I try to avoid mentioning or acknowledging my pain. I don't want people to give me sympathy. Or think that I can't manage. I want to be that strong person I've always been. Goddammit.

On the other hand, when Pam, in the local store mentions that she has the exact same problem, we do have a little shared moan and groan.

I am determined to keep walking my dogs, although I do share it on a every other day basis with my partner. But my walks have become shorter and slower (me going slow gives doggos same amount of exercise as before as they can run around just as much).

It hurts though sad

1. Solaras profile image95

I have heard that the Keto diet helps with inflammation. I have a friend with Hashimoto and another with RA, that is has helped a lot.  They lost a lot of weight too.  I hope you get some relief from the pain.

There's no inflammation with FM. That's the problem in a way...nothing shows up in blood tests or scans. It's most likely the brain misinterpreting normal sensation for pain.

It's also connected to IBS, shares similar indications. Thank goodness, I don't have that as well.

I have a diet which eliminates all wheat, fructose and lactose, and promotes the absorption of tryptophan (you can tell I've done tons of research. It's about making the brain happy. This is the best thing I've found but it's so hard.

Here's the link in case you know someone with IBS and/or FM https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 … 94/full#h4

At least this chat has nudged me to get back on it again and to leave the ice-cream alone big_smile

I think CBD oil is supposed to cure everything. Have you tried that?

Yes, although I doubt it was a very efficacious one. I've tried everything sad

2. Al Stine profile image94
          Al Stineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Generally, I try to avoid mentioning or acknowledging my pain. I don't want people to give me sympathy. Or think that I can't manage. I want to be that strong person I've always been. Goddammit."
          -This describes me in a nutshell. It is the reason I always smile. I was told at a young age that a smile can trick the brain into thinking you are happy..

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My current "misery" lies in discovering that Randy has been banned from HP!!  And for what????  I was only in the last week finally able to get into a store and buy a new monitor, so I haven't been on HP much in the last couple of months--too hard to deal with on tiny phone screen.
      I was sad to see no new posts in my notifications on "the PO's Last Gasp"...so I did searches, and that's when I learned.  I'm shocked and saddened.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Take care y'all.

3. hclpd profile image94
    hclpdposted 4 years ago

Same problems everyone else is dealing with. Facing them head on. Not about to give in.

4. bhattuc profile image80
    bhattucposted 4 years ago

Sharing our pains with others does not lessen the pain but we are relieved of it mentally as others now know about it. I was suffering with vibrations in head and that awful sound, infuriating and demotivating but now it is under control after taking pregablin etc. There are other problems also for which I have to get admission in hospital for corrective measures. One of the surgical intervention in my bladder was done with lower body anesthesia and I could see it going on a TV screen. It was fearful but informative. I have a hub also on that (no marketing intended!).
    Life is like that, full of these things but we have to live it fully and share it with the world. When we find that there are people more grieved than us, it gives courage to fight in our lives.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What were the vibrations in the head? Imbalance?

@Solaras, I just emailed Sondra (TT2).

Thank you for reaching out to her Brandon.

2. NateB11 profile image87

Those are tremendous issues to contend with, I'm glad you have a medication.

5. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

Does anyone know how TT2 is doing? She has been quiet here lately.

Not for a few weeks sad

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Bev, Nate--
    Sorry to hear of your troubles.  But don't try to be TOO strong.  My mother was like that:  smile, don't let the world (or even family!) see your pain. Suck it up! Put on a brave front!

Therefore, when she suddenly took ill and died within a week, I was in total shock!   I had no idea she'd been hurting, and perhaps needing more comfort and company.  I was so distraught it took me YEARS to get over it.

Please don't do that to your families.
    :-(

My mother is like that too. She won't admit to anything that's troubling her. And she's 81.

My sister and I watch her closely.

2. NateB11 profile image87

Thank you, Liz. And I agree, we should let people know how we feel. I've spent many years not doing so and it does no good.

7. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

Do we know of a way to contact Randy?

paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Anything sent via my HP mailbox, I will forward directly to Randy. Put "For Randy" in the subject line.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

Do you still want Randy's email address? He indicates it's ok to send to you.

How long is his suspension?

He is not suspended. HP permanently exterminated him. Gone forever.

What?? WTF Why?

Not his fault at all. Let it go or contact him privately to know more. People have been banned for asking the staff this question.

Wow, I had no idea. I am sorry to hear it.

Have you heard back from TT2?

Nope sad It's been three days since I sent it.

That is very concerning.  Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

You've got mail!

You've got mail! big_smile

I don't see it?

I sent it via your HP mail box. I shall not speculate as to why it never reached you. Drop me a note via my HP mail box. If I receive it, I'll forward it you-know-where and he'll have your email address and then you guys can talk directly. smile

8. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image61
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 4 years ago

I love the title of this thread, reality does seem a bit thick and gloopy at the moment. I'm going stir-crazy with the lock-down, and life has become viscous, but so far no vicious thoughts to my nearest and dearest.

viscous "having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid"
    vicious "deliberately cruel or violent"

I noticed that. I am undecided as to whether I did that on purpose or by accident. big_smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

LOL
        What would Freud say???!!
        lol

Do you want Randy's email address? He said you could have it. smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

yes, that would be great...you can email me via HP..Thank you.

You've got mail! big_smile

One the one hand, my typing ability is a true mess.

On the other hand, life truly is a viscous, vicious, treacherous minefield.

9. paradigmsearch profile image61

I think Randy wants those email addresses. Please respond to my HP email address by end-pf-month so I can forward. Don't put anything personal, I can simply forward and he will have your address. Let's close this up by end-of-month. I have other distractions.

10. paradigmsearch profile image61

Meanwhile, tooth pain has completely stopped. The expanding gas that was causing all the pain has apparently found a release point and the gas pressure against the nerves has ceased. We shall see. The infection is still no doubt rampant, hopefully that won't somehow kill me before the appointment; wouldn't be the first time. There's hope, I was prescribed antibiotics.

11. paradigmsearch profile image61

And this viscous/vicious week draws to a close... Good riddance. Meanwhile, COVID is having a field day and so are the politicians; in my county the fine is now $1,000 for not wearing a mask in public; that's right, one-thousand-dollars. And I see we now have two autonomous zones, Seattle and D.C. As for my tooth pain, it is subsiding due to the penicillin; too bad the kind of penicillin they gave me causes nausea and worse. I can hardly wait to see what next week brings. And this concludes this cheerful post.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)