This Week's Network Site Migrations (08/17 – 08/21)

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (56 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image82
    samanthacubbisonposted 3 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15166593_f1024.jpg

We are excited to announce that five of our Network Sites have been rendered by our front-end publishing platform this week. Those sites are RemedyGrove, YouMeMindBody, Patient'sLounge, HealthProAdvice, and HobbyLark. We encourage you to check them out and let us know what you think!

For more information on how to edit your articles on these sites, please reference the corresponding forum thread under "How can I edit an article on TatRing?"

1. Kyler J Falk profile image90
      Kyler J Falkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The stark black and white contrast tends to hurt my eyes, and I need to turn my screen brightness down to counteract that contrast. Otherwise, I absolutely love and value everything that has been done. It looks much smoother, and more professional than it did previously.

2. Em Clark profile image93
    Em Clarkposted 3 years ago

I'm already seeing an uptick in traffic. So happy with these updates - great work, HP!

3. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Love the new look! Professional and sleek! I also like that there's a link to the authors' other work on the site.

4. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Hobbylark: I'm seeing a big grey bar at the top of the screen, which moves down as I scroll,  and massive white blocks interspersed down the page, both on Opera and Firefox. Adblocker is off.

The quiz is broken too.

https://hobbylark.com/collecting/How-to … rbie-Dolls

https://hubstatic.com/15166947_f1024.jpg

samanthacubbisonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Reported! I'll let you know when I get an update.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
        chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've emailed the team about similar issues. HobbyLark. Edge browser.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was unable to reproduce this issue with Firefox, Opera, or Chrome. There could have been a temporary issue with ads loading. If you are still experiencing this issue email team@hubpages.com. Quizzes are working as intended. When Network Sites are migrated to the new front-end platform, quizzes will appear as a static set of questions and answers. Please see the original forum post for reference.

It's the same with other articles on HobbyLark, not just mine. The text is disappearing under that huge grey banner and there are big empty spaces throughout the article.

1. chef-de-jour profile image96

Are you still seeing the grey banner and white spaces Bev? I'm still seeing it. I've emailed the team and they say it could be a temporary glitch on the ads loading. Surely it can't be a UK only phenomenon? I'm on Edge....

Yes, still seeing them sad

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

Ads should be displaying properly now. Please email team@hubpages.com if there are any other issues.

1. sallybea profile image95
                sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No ads showing as yet Matt.

2. chef-de-jour profile image96

Still no ads on HobbyLark.

I'm seeing ads as per usual.

Matt Wells emailed me today with a specific link which I had to copy/paste and return to the team to see if this would help in fixing the ads issue. Let's hope so. Could this be a UK only problem (sallybea and theraggededge also not seeing ads for example) ? Or linked to adsense in some indirect way?

2. sallybea profile image95

There are huge white spaces and no ads, is this how it is meant to look. https://remedygrove.com/remedies/bio-oi … -benefits.

1. eugbug profile image97
            eugbugposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I presume the spaces are where the ads are supposed to display but because of a bug, they don't.

1. sallybea profile image95

Thanks eugbug, was not sure if the site would be displaying ads or even if payment would be affected if anyone buys or clicks through as usual.

3. chef-de-jour profile image96

Same as before, grey bar and white spaces on HobbyLark articles. Ads just not appearing. No reply from the team yet. Have you had any new information?

2. eugbug profile image97

The bar is just above the site name, and stays put as you scroll. Maybe it's part of the design, but it obscures a lot of text at the top of the screen. I only see it on Patientslounge.com, I haven't checked the other sites. Ads don't load either.

Edit: The bar doesn't appear with Ad Block turned on so that would suggest it's some sort of banner gone wrong.

3. sallybea profile image95

Still no ads, wonder when this problem is going to be resolved?

Speculate - Surely a problem as fundamental as this, if it's a glitch, has a ready solution? Someone with tech knowledge must have a clue...unless the problem is a legal one, then that's a whole different ball game.

3. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 3 years ago

I have articles on Remedy Grove and Health Pro Advice. They look better, clearer.

4. profile image0
      Marisa Writesposted 3 years ago

For me, the big problem with Hobbylark is the navbar.    Visitors would have no idea that Performing Arts even appear on the site.

1. Solaras profile image94
        Solarasposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Performing Arts should have it's own site - or Arts Creative Arts should, with performing as a subset.

1. profile image0
          Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If you look at the niche sites, Performing Arts would be too narrow a niche compared to the others.

However I do think there should be a separate niche site for "The Arts" which would include fine art, sculpture, performing arts, etc.     Art and sculpture do not fit on FeltMagnet either.

Unfortunately, the idea was put forward strongly at the time and completely ignored, so I have no confidence anyone would consider it now.

1. EricDockett profile image97
            EricDockettposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Musical instrument playing/lessons/gear reviews would do much better if it were seperated from the general music category  (Spinditty) as well. Also unlikely to happen, I'd guess.

5. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years ago

Will readers eventually be able to see all our articles when they click on our name or will they only see those on the niche site?

1. profile image0
        Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No, it's part of the new design that readers will only see our articles on that niche site.  It has to be that way, because having links to sites on other, unrelated topics is not good for the niche site. So I fully support that.

However, that is why I'm so upset that we're not getting even one single social link (like a Twitter account) on our byline, because it means there's absolutely no way for readers to see what else we do as writers.

I don't have a Twitter account these days, but I would create one if the new sites allowed a Twitter handle on the byline, like columnists get in newspapers.

6. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years ago

This might be of use.

https://hubstatic.com/15167826_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15167828_f1024.jpg

Still seeing the grey bar and white spaces - no ads on HobbyLark articles I  look at. Any fresh news on this? I've emailed the team but no response as yet.

7. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years ago

Referring to HobbyLark, I see ads in the grey bar as well as throughout the article.  It looks like the navigation bar doesn't have a couple of categories on it, like board games.  Love the look of it.

Hi GTF so you're checking more than one article on HobbyLark to see if they're OK? And you're based in the USA?

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
          Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yep - I checked a few different ones and they all had ads. Also I am based in the US.

2. AliciaC profile image92
          AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Canada and I can see the ads. The top one loads slowly, though. I've already read part of the article before the ad is loaded.

OK, thanks. Seems as if the HP team are onto it.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF

Some changes are being made later today that should resolve some of these ad issues.

Good to know. Thanks.

2. sallybea profile image95

Thanks for the update Matt.

8. Drew Agravante profile image97
      Drew Agravanteposted 3 years ago

These problems will probably get the fix soon, hopefully. Nevertheless, I do love the new look and designs.

9. EricDockett profile image97
      EricDockettposted 3 years ago

HobbyLark is the first site migrated where I have articles posted. I think it looks really good, but I do have one concern.(Which I should have realized before.)

You've moved the related Hubs to the bottom. It's looks great, but readers have to make it all the way to the end of the article to see them.

The Related and Popular articles in the sidebar meant readers might stay on the site if their minds wandered from the original article. With no articles in the sidebar, it seems like readers are going to be hitting the back button a lot more.

I feel like this is a big mistake and maybe worth rethinking.

Also: I see that gray space Bev is talking about when my page first loads. It eventually gets populated by an ad but it takes a few secods. I only see it with my ad blocker off.

10. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 3 years ago

Just realized I have one on Hobby Lark, too. It seems to be okay. The ads are overpowering but that's to be expected.

11. Kenna McHugh profile image92
      Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Linda, that is a big concern.

12. Deb Vesco Roberts profile image95
      Deb Vesco Robertsposted 3 years ago

What happened to HubPages and the Network sites? I'm so confused. No one can leave comments on our articles anymore sad But, any comments that were left on Hubpages network sites are still showing up on this new platform, but no one can leave any new comments.

Hi there,

Please reference the corresponding forum post for more information regarding our site migrations. TatRing was the first site to go through this process. Comments will return, but for now, they are disabled.

13. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years ago

I reason that's a plus!

14. Butterfly67 profile image89
      Butterfly67posted 3 years ago

I'm still not seeing any ads either (and I am in the UK) - do I need some kind of code?

15. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 3 years ago

I can't see ads now, even using a VPN, virtually viewing from Japan or the US. Occasionally I can though.

Occasionally - you mean at specific times of day? Or are you seeing the ads on a random basis? It's all very puzzling and frustrating.

1. eugbug profile image97

Can't remember what the conditions were. I tried refreshing the page multiple times and clearing the cache and doing the same thing and even looking at other niche sites that were migrated, but I still can't see ads. Maybe it's the VPN acting up. If the problems are intermittent, it'll be nightmare for staff to resolve. From my days of software debugging, intermittent problems that couldn't be recreated were the worst.

16. Butterfly67 profile image89
      Butterfly67posted 3 years ago

It's strange isn't it, this is the fundamental element of their business surely...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)