jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Well its now or never - please critique my hubs

1. bonny2010 profile image60
    bonny2010posted 7 years ago

where am I going wrong? Don't be shy Iam fully dressed for this -ya know - suit of armour,broken down hoss, broken lance ...

2. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

The only suggestion I would make is to break your page up with more text capsules. Other than that I was very intrigued.

bonny2010posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Ohma for your suggestion - I thought they were a bit bland too but wasn't ready for the adventure in unchartered territory. Many thanks for your time.

3. AEvans profile image65
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Bonnie,

I have read your hubs and they are an abundance of fun to read you bring them to life, what I would recommend is pics to represent your topic , add some Amazon capsule to generate some revenue if you have not already did that it, then sign-up it is free. smile

Thank you AEvans - your advice is sound and I have since pulled out all my boxs of photographs from a previous life - what a mess I have created.
      I will look into the Amazon scene and other sites as well - I really appreciate your taking the time to help me - thank you

4. wyanjen profile image84
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

I agree with Ohma and AEvans.

I don't see where you are going "wrong" lol, but I do see where you could be adding to your work.

When you create a new text capsule, you can give it a heading. This is a great way to incorporate your keywords, and it breaks up the page nicely. The bold headers are like teasers - they draw in the reader to continue on.

Stock photos are easy to find. Be careful about copyrights.

I always recommend this site:
    Dreamstime
    It is a site for freelance photographers to display their work. It has a large selection of free stock photos, and the premium photos are priced very well if you see one that you "must have".

Good luck big_smile

Thank you Wyanjen - I do see what you mean and I really appreciate the time you gave to my request - I am going to check out other hubs to see how they do things and see how I can put your advice into action - have checked out Dreamstime - interesting site - many thanks.

5. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 7 years ago

I think your doing just fine. The loss of Joey made me...I got dust in my eye...(I truly did feel your pain.)

Your words work well, the only thing I was left wanting was some pictures of the time on the river, when you were floating with the motor off...

Nice work I'd say all in all...

Thank you Mikel -i agree with you about the river, unfortunately I did not have a camera with me up in the Gulf - was taking a break from all that.
      Was going to put some realy good shots I have of crocs (taken when we did a wildlife documentary- but wasn't sure if it would be misleading or not) I really do appreciate your words and advice- many thanks.

working