Possible Hubpages Clone?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (46 posts)
  1. CYong74 profile image95
    CYong74posted 3 years ago

Is this a clone?

www . m i n u u te  . com (remove spaces)

Our HP profiles are all found on it. Or is it some mirror site of ours?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image74
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cyong64, why don't you high lighten the web address for us to click through? Certain novice or newbie will find it hard to get it I think?                                              I'm going to check it out soon. Thanks for informing us.

2. bravewarrior profile image84
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very weird. It even has the HP logo on the tab. How did you find that site, Cyong?

Deleted

1. Kyler J Falk profile image82
          Kyler J Falkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The things you say never cease to amuse me.

Kyler, you're welcome.

3. Misbah786 profile image81
      Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Strange! I was writing minute instead of minuute. Silly me. What's that?

1. Nell Rose profile image87
        Nell Roseposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I remember a few years ago when someone put a live link to the bad site that was stealing our content. They said at the time, to write it like the above so that it wouldn't get any clicks.

4. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This site has nothing to do with HubPages. It's just an attempt to copy content. If your content has been copied you should file a DMCA complaint. Please visit the FAQ for instructions.

1. bravewarrior profile image84

Matt if the entire site has been duplicated, including the HP logo, shouldn't HP do something about it rather than each individual writer?

1. Kyler J Falk profile image82
          Kyler J Falkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Be careful, the last time I questioned Matt in such a way he deleted it, banned me, then falsely claimed there was some sort of personal attack. Shoot, maybe this one will get me beaned, too. A fair public warning for everyone, anyways, because weeks later I received an email from HubPages admitting I was correct in the matter.

It inspired me to collect screenshots of similar comments that are never addressed, and start saving my own for use in legal matters should they arise. Too many Hubbers get away with murder, while others are perma-banned for minor behavior that isn't even against HP guidelines.

2. Misbah786 profile image81

Something similar happened on this forum I created a few weeks ago
          https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … ging-site-

The authors were asked to report DMCA. I'm not sure how many did it, but I did with SS proof on forums. It didn't help. That Blogspot was also using The HubPages logo, as well as direct links to original articles. However, the site was  containing so many viruses that it was unable to view their homepage.
          I believe, HubPages need to take some action

CYong74posted 3 years agoin reply to this

There's really nothing to be done beyond DMCA strikes. Most of these clones are hosted by shady companies. The hosts are also in countries that do not care about such things.

Even if HP starts an international lawsuit, nothing will change.

The only thing we can do is minimalize their potential revenue earning; a successful DMCA strike with Google will remove AdSense ads, for eg. Hopefully, they go away after a year of no earning.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
              TessSchlesingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+++

2. Miebakagh57 profile image74

That I agree. Individuals taking action alone seems not to help anyway.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image82
        Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It must have to do with Hubpages because it's the complete site...not individuals per se.

Take a look at it

That's reasonable. HubPages action would seem the most best to protect or save the site.

5. robhampton profile image87
      robhamptonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

whois doesn't show alot, but maybe there's some info there. Looks like "Namesilo, LLC" owns it

https://www.whois.com/whois/minuute.com

6. robhampton profile image87
      robhamptonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This form is on Namesilo to report bad websites. Namesilo looks like it's a domain hosting site which is hosting minuute.com. Report to them can be made here:

https://www.namesilo.com/report_abuse.php

Ah, that is what I was looking for. Who owned the site.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image82
    Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years ago

Wow!  Never saw that before but it takes me right to Hubpages.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image82
    Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years ago

I posted a reply over there...let's see if it shows up here.

I've never seen this site before.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image82
      Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yep...it's here

1. Misbah786 profile image81

Ufff... That's crazy. How?

4. bhattuc profile image79
    bhattucposted 3 years ago

Strange.

5. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

That is crazy. I wonder what the point is?

6. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 3 years ago

Couldn't locate this site from the web address given. Have you correctly mentioned it?

That's worrying me. I land on a travel site! But I'm not traveling.

7. CYong74 profile image95

Emge: You have to add in your profile to the domain i.e. @emge

8. CYong74 profile image95

Bravewarrior: I ... google my name or profile handler regularly. It's a great way to find copycats.

9. Misbah786 profile image81
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

When I visit my profile from that site, Google Analytics also displays a view showing source as direct.

10. CYong74 profile image95

I suspect the site previously had advertising, but these were removed after DMCA strikes, or similar.

That is, if not a mirror of ours.

The site hasn't been indexed, or the index has been removed, so it's a dead site. You can only access it directly.

I found it via Google. And it was listed high.

How. I keyed it in over and over again. And it wouldn't come up. What url did you use? Also, where are you?

I already mentioned this above. I search using my profile names. It's far more effective because my names would only appear on sites containing them and there are few.

I find this to be the easiest way to pinpoint where my writing and bios are used, because copycats usually copy wholesale, including my bios.

If you search using topics, the copied versions wouldn't appear because of their low ratings.

Well, that would be interesing for me. Have you ever tried googling me? smile smile

I google you, but it didn't come up. That has to be because of the different geographical location. I'm not going to try on my profile.  When I gogole Cyong74, I get 812 results. And you have 6 pages to scroll through. When I google me, I have 471,000 results, and I'm not even going to attempt to scroll through that! wink

https://hubstatic.com/15641165.jpg

I don't just do it with my handler, TBH. I do it with my full name and other aliases too i.e. whatever has ever been used by me in the copyright statement.

Because I don't write on that many sites and I've long stopped leaving comments everywhere, the results are usually manageable.

But inevitably, some clone pops up. It infuriates.

BTW, I take location into consideration. So I always adjust my IP with VPN beforehand.

Ah, that's interesting. I am in Portugal right now, but when I use VPN, I usually use Chicago. Where are you using?

I am in Singapore. Typically, I set it to US or Japan.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image74

OMG...smart rabbit hole guys!

11. eugbug profile image94
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

Cloning entire niche sites used to be a frequent problem years ago, now it's not so common.

1. bravewarrior profile image84

There's another forum that talks about PetHelpful being cloned to PetRadardotcom. I haven't checked it out yet. Although I have articles on that niche site, I'm not worried about it. If the sites aren't indexed, we have no worries. However, how are these sites being discovered by our colleagues? If the suspect sites are duplicates of HP/Maven platforms, then it seems to be the responsibility of HP/Maven to take them down, not each writer who encompasses the original niche sites. Especially since it's not only our work, but the trademarked (I'm assuming) logos of HP and/or Maven that are blatantly being duplicated.

Is my logic off base?

1. Shesabutterfly profile image95
        Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I found petradar Googling my name + Hubpages it popped up on the first page

2. CYong74 profile image95

Yeah. All the Delishably clones. I remember that.

12. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Interesting.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)