Difficulty finding the correct niche site for this article.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

So far I have struck out twice in submitting this article. The first time I thought that WanderWisdom would be a good match because it is a place in which people can go to dine, buy nursery plants and other items, and even get married.  People with disabilities (the lucky ones) get to live there.  Some people suggested Soapboxie when I asked for help, so I submitted it there.  It was not deemed a good match.  What do you think about Owlcation?  If you have any other thoughts, please let me know.  Here is the article: https://discover.hubpages.com/family/Br … sabilities

2. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

What happened to the days where we just submitted articles for the niche site and if HP thought it not an appropriate fit they moved it to the one they thought  more appropriate?
    Yes, Peg, try Owlcation as it is quite diverse, or maybe YouMeMindBody.

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, once upon a time ago the editors would place the articles in the appropriate niche if we missed the mark, so to speak. Now they leave it all up to us. The niches have so many subcategories these days that aren't mentioned in the synopsis of each. Short of exploring each site and the respective categories, it's purely hit or miss. HP doesn't seem to be so willing to lend us a helping hand anymore.

1. Misbah786 profile image86
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

They love playing with us now. big_smile

3. Peggy W profile image95

Hi John,

I wish they would do that.  This one has been lingering for many months in Discover after two submissions.  The trouble is that it does not neatly fit just one niche site.  When I read the different categories, there does not seem to be a perfect one for this. Should I quit trying?  I hate to keep wasting the 2 week submission time when I could probably more easily submit others that would probably make it.

4. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

Peggy, WanderWisdom could be a better-fitting place.

But as Judah(John) has said, the editors should have discretely moved it to a fitting site.

It seems your article is at a crosses line between WanderWisdom and the others.

That is giving the editors there the trouble. Contact team@hubpages for advice on the challenge.

I hope their response helps. Cheers!

5. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Peggy, I would agree with John try submitting it to YouMeMindBody.  smile

Please see this: https://youmemindbody.com/mental-health … California

Best wishes!! smile

6. Peggy W profile image95

Hi Miebakagh57,

WanderWisdom was my first thought, but it was rejected in that category.  Someone who has been here a long time and writes superb articles suggested Soapboxie, so I tried that, although I had never tried that category.  It was also rejected.  I might try your suggestion.  Thanks!

7. Peggy W profile image95

Hi bravewarrior,

I will try another category soon, and hopefully it will be the right one this time.  I wish we had a more clear explanation of each category!

1. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Peggy. The explanations provided in the HubTool are vague and certainly not inclusive. I wish the editors would revert to sending our articles to a more appropriate site as they did in the past. With only being able to submit to a site every 2 weeks, the newly instituted guessing game only delays progress. Both HP and the writers within would benefit from the previous tactics of helping the writers find the right home for their articles.

8. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Peggy, did you read the Editorial Policy for the niche sites you were submitting to? I always found that to be a useful resource to know exectly what they want for it and avoid rejections. Each niche site has the link to their specific Editorial Policy at the bottom of the page. They tell you what they like to see and what to avoid.

9. Peggy W profile image95

Hi Misbah,

I read that article you suggested in the niche site YouMeMindBody and it is excellent as he experienced it first-hand.  Since I can only submit one article every two weeks, I think that I am going to go forward with ones that more perfectly fit just one category.  I hate to waste that time frame resubmitting this one over and over again since it is not a perfect match.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)