Which site should it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Amara Hassan profile image88
    Amara Hassanposted 2 years ago

Greetings my dear fellows!

I wanted to know that, if I write an article on different fun facts about human body and psychology, animals, and geography, what category should I choose? and then if I want to submit it to a niche site, which site will be suitable for it?

1. Misbah786 profile image85
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Amara,
      Owlcation: If it is science and education
      But if it is psychology then
      1) patientslounge
      2) youmemindbody
      As far as I know and have experienced.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wondering? I suppose a mail to team@hubpages can yeild a good response.                                      That being said, if the article relate to geography is travelling, than send it to WonderWisdom.

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Practicing writing is great, but if you want to attract readers you need to focus your article.Surely there are enough fun facts about the body for an article, another on animals, another on geography, etc?
      You can submit to Owlcation and if the editor does not agree they will move it to the appropriate site.

Dr. Mark, we now have to play a tricky game of site match while submitting our articles. It's not the same as it used to be. HP does not recommend or transfer the article to the relevant site any longer. They actually reject articles stating that there is a site mismatch, in that case we have to wait 14 days to resubmit the article on another site. And, once again, you never know whether it is a perfect fit or not. smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have not run into that. Thanks for the information.

My Pleasure! smile

2. bravewarrior profile image86
        bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Dr. Mark. Each of those fun facts categories should stand on their own. It's highly unlikely a Googler is going to search for facts about the human body, psychology, animals and geography in one query. And how do they relate to each other? Is there a fun fact that ties them all together?

I think if you write the article with a myriad of subjects, it won't make it past Discover.

+1

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68

I think the best thing is to write and write good quality articles. Then hubpages in their discretion can lift the article to the appropriate niche site.

2. Amara Hassan profile image88

Thanks Misbah, but its all in one article basically, so I was confused actually, that in which category and site will it go, I browsed in category, but could not select any specific for fun facts :-D lolzz

Amara,  Nowadays, network sites are becoming more puzzling. The site mismatch issue is a major hurdle. Fortunately, my recent 'Halloween articles' were moved to bellatory, but if I would have submitted them myself. I suppose I would have gone with holidappy. It's a challenge. Lol! big_smile Maybe share the article after publishing it. smile Regarding category I think just choose Science and Education. Don't choose any sub category.
      Blessings to you, dear sister

3. Amara Hassan profile image88

Thank you Miebakagh, its a good idea.

4. Amara Hassan profile image88

Thank you Dr Mark and Bravewarrior, your suggestions are good enough, I will write seprate articles on each category. Much thanks.

5. Amara Hassan profile image88

Yes Misbah you are absolutely correct, choosing a site is very tricky for some articles. Thanks sis.

6. Amara Hassan profile image88

Miekabagh you are correct, but HP dont pick articles itself, all the time, sometimes they do sometimes they dont. But the fact of the matter is that I just wanted to be clear about the category, and now I got that. Thanks anyways :-)

You're welcome.

7. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

I have never submitted a new article to a niche site. I just publish and let HP editors place it in the site they choose. I have resubmitted old reworked articles, but I don't remember if I chose the site or if they did.

MizBejabbers, you've done it fine.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)