jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

HTML TAGS??

1. awmoney profile image58
    awmoneyposted 7 years ago

I could make very sexy hubs if i could just use html code in my hubs, is there realy no option to do this?

Greetings, sven

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, because it would open the door to spammers using multiple affiliate links. 

Anyway, one of HubPages's strengths is the clean, consistent layout and appearance - not everyone has good taste, so give people access to HTML and who knows what we'd get.

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

The only thing that Search Engines find sexy is original and unique content.

3. profile image54
    probafixposted 7 years ago

HTML codes, also referred as a html tags, are enclosed by lesser than (>) and greater than (<)brackets and may be written in capital or lower letters. for e.g <html>,<title>,<body>,<font>.....<p> etc...

4. awmoney profile image58
    awmoneyposted 7 years ago

so there is no option for html on hubpages? sad

No there isn't.

5. Dale Nelson profile image30
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

See Hubpages terms and conditions for adult content rules and why do you need html if there are image options already.

6. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I dont think he meant adult content.

There are limited ways to edit HTML within modules, bu it is very restrictive.

one of teh benefits of Huboages is that you do not need to mess around with design so much!

7. Super Chef profile image61
    Super Chefposted 7 years ago

In the text box edit feature there is a html edit button on the top left of the box maybe this is to add hotmail I really dont know but just something I noticed earlier today.

It's for people who want to write Hubs about HTML and include examples of the code.  You can't use it to encode anything.

1. thisisoli profile image54
        thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope, the html button in the text box is so that you can do HTML editing within the text box.

It is however pretty restrictive so you won't be able to place any scripts or similar in there.

1. Dan Smith profile image62
          Dan Smithposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hear ya.

Over on Squidoo you can throw a style attribute on a <b> or <p> tag like so...

<p style="border: 2px solid #ffcc00; background-color: #ffff00; padding: 10px">

... which will create a yellow background with an orange border.

Too bad there's not a way to add some flair to hubs.

1. MyWebs profile image82
            MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

While it would be nice to be able to use more HTML and CSS code here there are so many who would end up making ugly web pages. Before you know it hubpages would begin to look more like MySpace. Attack of the animated Glitter images for the win. NOT

One of the things I like about writing here is the fact I don't have to worry about HTML, CSS, PHP,  JavaScript, Ajax and MySQL. I can think of some hubs I'd like to make that would need some PHP and Ajax access to have the on page tool required, but I doubt they will ever give us this level of control. Even CSS or JavaScript access probably never will happen as far as that goes.

The upshot is that each and every hub here follows a pretty consistent design layout that looks good and is highly optimized for AdSense ad placement in all of the best spots.

1. Dan Smith profile image62
              Dan Smithposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can totally understand not giving us PHP.  That's server side scripting.

But why not allow CSS?  Pretty harmless stuff.   Yeah you can make the look like crap, but you can post crappy content too.

And if you don't like using inline CSS, or you like the pages the way they are, then don't use it.

8. profile image54
    probafixposted 7 years ago

Really interesting forum.. I like it!!

working