jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

1. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 9 years ago

Will we know if our hubs have been given the thumbs up or thumbs down?  I remember seeing it a long time ago in "my account", but now I don't see it anymore.  Has that feature been scrapped?

2. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

You can see the total number of thumbs up you've received in the weekly newsletter. Look for it there!

3. Susan Ng profile image89

I see, so we can't see which particular hub got the thumbs up or thumbs down anymore?  It helped me actually; I reviewed and improved or removed the hubs with thumbs downs. smile

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

We still record them.  But people seemed to be getting too caught up with them on the stats page so we removed them.   As Jason said, the total count of thumbs up is available in the newsletter and that is it (for now anyway).

I'd be curious to know if anyone still misses them, or if you agree with us that they were a needless distraction.

5. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Perhaps the thumbs down as well could be included in the next newsletter?

6. Susan Ng profile image89

It actually helped me improve the quality of my hubs since it got me thinking why some of them got a thumbs up and others a thumbs down. And like I said, I reviewed the hubs with the thumbs down to see why they were rated so and I tried to improve them. The ones I didn't know how to improve, I deleted. smile

7. Jason Menayan profile image59
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Some of you might not have seen posts from many other Hubbers here expressing sadness and disappointment at seeing thumbs-down on Hubs.

Since the thumbs-down could have been done for any reason at all, and certain topics (controversial ones) are likely to get more thumbs-down than less controversial ones, despite not being of lower quality, we decided it was more of a distraction than anything else.

Too many users obsess over minor fluctuations in their HubScore already - wondering why a Hub got thumbs-down is not the sort of thing we think is productive overall.

Susan - you shouldn't delete Hubs because they don't receive an outstanding reception immediately. There is no harm done by simply keeping those Hubs, and waiting. Many Hubs will get picked up for traffic many, many months after languishing without any visitors.

8. Susan Ng profile image89

Oh, I see...  Thanks for the advice, Jason. smile

9. ripplemaker profile image88
    ripplemakerposted 9 years ago

Hi Tich, yes worrying about scores everyday would give you wrinkles of many kinds.  LOL  Teacher Susan, just write and write and write... Keep on observing what works and work from there.  I believe the thumbs up and down thing can indeed be a distraction.  But if its found in the newsletter, that would suffice I guess.  If you really want to know.

10. Susan Ng profile image89

Hi, Teacher Michelle!  I know, just write and write and write. smile  But this perfectionist side of me just won't let up sometimes.  Haha! tongue

working