People who strongly dislike criticisms?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. brianzen profile image61
    brianzenposted 14 years ago

What is the meanest thing a hubber has ever said/done to you (or a loved one if applicable)

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fierycj continues to reject me.  He's so mean! mad

brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm Listening Elaborate?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I poured my heart out to him; shared my true feelings...

And he...he...

Oh God, I can't go on!

1. profile image0
            cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha!! big_smile hee hee smile too funny...

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i would say, but i know i'd be in a lot of trouble. you seem like a really nice guy here, but just one word of advice.  you might want to be VERY careful about what you say about certain hubbers here.  as i found out from experience, you mess with one hubber, your not just fighting them.  your messing with their friends and fans too, so they'll attack you as well.  just thought i'd give you a heads up.

I am truly sorry as I assumed we would use anonymity, and not so much cruel activity as criticism.

1. profile image0

ummm...okay. not entirely sure what you mean by that... why are you saying sorry?

Was not trying to throw rocks at a hornet nest, Rather a forum for what (past tense) seemed overboard. The apology was directed at everyone who is going to see this all go horribly wrong if it does.

1. profile image0

oh okay.  sorry, i misunderstood you.  my bad.  sorry about that buddy.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This should prove to be interesting, to say the least.

Let's see....the thread calls for "People who strongly dislike criticisms"? This is absurd. If you do not like criticism, then live like a hermit or a recluse. Tucked away from society.

Criticism is the driving force in one's self-improvement stage, which happens to be never-ending, up to and upon death. Criticism is one of life's tools. Adversity is an aspect of life one cannot avoid. smile

As for what's the meanest thing said to me? Well, that is in the past and have no need/want/desire to recall it.

That's my thoughts. smile

That seems fair and I really thought that the topic would go more like the ones where, we all just recalled someone blasting work out of pettiness, you would have been quite correct about its necessity. But the unnecessary stuff in hindsight is actually funny sometimes.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
          Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeh it is, and as such I generally figure the problem lies with them and not me, and let it go.

2. brianzen profile image61

Even the worst stuff around friends who disagree, is worth mentioning. What if all the encouragement someone needed was someone disagreeing with some ridiculous comment that some idiot made five years ago?

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

I always learn from criticism, when it's useful anyway. In fact, I prefer to know when I'm doing something wrong, or when there's a better way of doing something, or when I'm coming off to others in a way I don't really intend.

I like to learn, and I don't have a problem admitting when I'm wrong. I'm sure people have said mean things to me, but I either took it constructively whether it was intended that way or not, or I quickly let it go as meaningless.

So in other words, I can't recall. I use it to my advantage or I forget it altogether.

On the other hand, it really irks the heck out of me to see people being mean to someone else. You know, unless they deserve it.

Absolutely...but have you ever gone too far?

3. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

You wanna talk about criticism?  Oh man, I try hard to stay away from it, but it doesn't work!  lol  Plus, I'm so overly sensitive that almost anything said to me sounds like a criticism - I am spending a lot of time learning how not to be upset over it and let it go cuz most times it isn't meant to be "negative".  smile

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

none of the hubbers has ever criticized me - to my face.  That is not to say that they haven't been backbiting and talking about what a strange case I am, with each other, behind my back - I'm sure they do email each other about me all the time.  Criticizing my avatars and my stupid thread posts etc.  They openly say my hubs are great, for instance, and then they fan me, and then they snoop around trying to discredit me.  I'M SICK OF IT!  I know who they are, too and I am working on some magic charms that will attack their hubs so that whenever they try to publish a mad leprechaun will hop out and make obscene noises.  I think I've just about got it perfected, so be warned, critical hubbers!  I am on your trail and will hunt you down!

(all the above was dictated to me by a mad leprechaun - I had nothing to do with it, so don't criticize me for being paranoid - it was the leprechaun.  really.)

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

perhaps I should have included the fact I have learned to keep criticisms to myself for the most part?

That is really the best way to go if the other person is sort of unknown or even just new. I asked for it because I need the feedback, but I might have taken it wrong if it had just been thrust at me like "hew noob shred the article and follow something else"

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, it is, seriously, hard to know what kind of person one is criticizing online here in the forums, for instance.  I don't know whether you just went through some hella bad sh** and are just not in the mood for constructive criticism, which is what we all agree is best.  and then there are some real loonies who love to get a good adrenaline boost by willfully misunderstanding something you say.  Then, if you don't let it out, and you stew about the crap that is really getting to ya, won't you get an ulcer? ya might.  . . you oughta be able to let it out now and then.  I'm thinking of starting another one of those "vent with me" threads for us - but there is that one about spelling and grammar "hubs that miss their mark" or something like that?  Of course personal attacks are always just nasty and mean and unneccesary.  I like to tell people to their face when they piss me off, as much as possible.  I hate backbiting, seriously.  not that any of us would do that

1. Rafini profile image81
          Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

5. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Criticism is the best motivation.

6. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I don't mind constructive criticism given in a positive manner or with love. But outright, nail spitting, hateful criticism is not necessary. Here's the kind of criticism I don't like:

Someone once told me on the forums ..."....you disgust me with your....blah blah." Then proceeded to bash me for what I believe. It was demeaning to say the least. I mean it was brutal! May as well have rubbed dog crap in my face. What did I do? Nothing.  I'm not looking for their approval.

7. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

(A quote from Ann Landers)

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

I actually have only had good responses so far but I always wonder what the people are really thinking. chalk it up to curiosity more than anything.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)