Denial from Kontera, Etc....Says site doesn't meet content???

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image54
    deedeektposted 14 years ago

I am in a catch 22.  I haven't written yet so they told me to send my profile page, but Kontera denied affiliate.  I need the affiliate to make money.  I can't just write for the fun of it due to financial concerns.

Please help.  Do I need to write one extensive article and then submit to these affiliates?  Maybe I should just start over???

Also, what is the typical length of an article??? Thanks, Dee Dee

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dee Dee, typical length of an article is at least 400 words, and many successful Hubbers are recommending 800 to 1,500 words. 

You need to sit down and do some reading.  Darkside has a whole series of Hubs that you need to read, starting with this one:

http://hubpages.com/hub/howhubworks

Creating Hubs is fairly easy once you get the basic idea, but earning money online is harder.  You need to take a long view - unless you turn out to be especially good, it will take you nine months to a year to make your first $100, but it goes a lot faster after that.

2. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you have zero content then you certainly won't fulfill their criteria.

If you want to be accepted I'd be inclined to have 10 very well written and original articles. Around 800 words in length.

Seeing that you are starting fresh and most likely have never made money before on the internet you have zero experience as well, and it takes time to establish a presence online.

I don't run Kontera on my hubs, but I do have it running on other peoples hubs (referrals) and I'll bandy around a few approximate figures so you can get an idea of how much money you might make with Kontera: 1600 page views with at least a 2% click thru rate you might make about $0.75.

Of course you'd need more page views than that because it is merely my page views and doesn't account for HubPages share of the ad impressions.

How long would it take you to get say 3000 page views? Where will you get the visitors from? And don't rely on the HubPages community because while we might give excellent (or even unwelcome) advice we are far less inclined to click on an ad or make a purchase. So you'll have to write about things that interest The Internet. Thankfully there are far more of those outside HubPages than in it. But you'll have to write about things they're interested in and then hopefully rank well in the Search Engine Results Pages.

It's a shame you couldn't start writing for the fun of it as it would give you time to learn all the ins and outs. To write without experience or knowledge of how it all works you'll be impatient, get desperate and make mistakes.

3. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not a catch 22.  If you want to achieve good earnings from web writing, all it takes is the investment of some sincere writing work and a bit of sustained effort.  Sort of the same as it would for any legitimate earning possibility.  I've never had a day job that started to give me money before I ever did any work or proved myself to them, and the web isn't any different.

An affiliate program judges if you are worthy of acceptance to their program by seeing what you are capable of.  If you want to get any earnings on HubPages, you need to start writing first.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I think you need to read the help section and the FAQ's. You will not be approved until you write some hubs for them to look at. And you have no information at all on you profile page.

How can they approve if there is nothing there for them to approve?

If you are looking to make a lot of quick money at the start, this may not be for you. Do some writing, and see what happens.

3. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I would start writing hubs so they know you are serious. I would not worry too much about Kontera any-way I don't think anyone here makes much from them any-way.

4. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

If you want to get yourself approved then host blog on sites like 2xhost.com or weebly.com then apply for kontera. Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)