jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Why do some hubbers post links to their hubs in their profile?

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image71
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

I've noticed this a lot recently, where hubbers will post a partial, or even full, list of their hubs w/in their profile.  The links to the hubs are just below on the profile page, so I was wondering what the benefit is?

Is it just easier navigation for traffic?  Is there some benefit to the added link?

Thanks!

1. Mike Rogers profile image59
      Mike Rogersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Massive internal link juice.

Just about everything you do on Hubpages includes your username with a corresponding link to your profile page. For example, leaving a comment on a hub passes some link 'juice' from that hub to your profile.

In turn, whatever you link to on your profile page similarly receives link juice from that profile page.

That's why the most active members have some of the profile pages and hubs with high PR wink

Mike smile

ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Link Juice... sounds tasty.  I may have to go get me some of that. lol lol

Thanks Mike!

2. Eileen Hughes profile image87
    Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago

If someone lobs on your profile then they may just notice a hub of interest to them and click on it.  I havent put much on there of mine. mainly just links to other writing or leadlighting etc. 

Its just another oportunity to attract attention to your writing.
    Thats just my opinion though.

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image94
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

Maybe some Hubbers feel that a specific Hub(s) of theirs serves as a good introduction to their writing?

4. Sufidreamer profile image82
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

Have to agree with Adele and Eileen - Hubpages is a portfolio for me, and I prefer to publicise certain Hubs. A couple of my comedy Hubs might not make a good impression on a corporate client, for example big_smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image84
      Shadesbreathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but if a prospective employer can't enjoy YOUR wit and recognize what is required to have that wit, you don't want to work for them anyway.  It can be like a douchebag filter.

lol

5. She-rah profile image80
    She-rahposted 7 years ago

Good question, I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. Do they serve as a back link somehow, even though your hubs are already listed on the page? or is it just to introduce to your favorite hubs??

From what I've read, internal linking serves a purpose in driving traffic to your hubs once someone gets there, but doesn't count as an official "backlink" with Google. 

I'm still learning though, so I could be wrong about that.  Maybe someone a bit savvier will be able to clarify.

6. ThoughtfulSpot profile image71
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Sufi- Makes sense about what you do and do not want to feature. big_smile I could see some of the hubs I've read from some hubbers not portraying their best corporate side. lol

7. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Mostly they just do it because they can.

working