jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

No browser memory?

1. ruanz3 profile image63
    ruanz3posted 7 years ago

I noticed that HP is the only site that doesnt allow browser memory? Am i the only one?

1. MyWebs profile image85
      MyWebsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly what do you mean by browser memory?

ruanz3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have to retype my username and password every time i log in.

1. The10DollarMark profile image60
          The10DollarMarkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, it does. Though I'll admit it's not very reliable.

Like right now, I didn't have to log in - I've been logged in for about 20-30 hours (and I haven't been on in 9 hours).

But sometimes if I just leave for one or two hours it logs me out, and I go "wth?". After all, if it can do 9 hours, surely it should be able to do 1 or 2...Weird.

But if you are logged out and have to log in, thats what im talking about.

Also, why do people often go to your profile page when they put in a keyword for a specific hub?

1. N. Ramius profile image80
              N. Ramiusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

B/c your profile also has links to some of your hubs.

I know but i would have thought the search engines would take the person to the exact hub, since it has more keywords and stuff. Maybe if they go to your profile they will get distracted and not click through to the hub they were looking for. No big deal though. Gives you a chance to build up the PR of your profile page.

There is something else that i find interesting. When i look at my entrance keywords at analytics i get keywords sometimes that doesnt pertain to any hub i have e.g. 'farmville automation guide'. I never did a hub like that, yet i get several searches for it lol. Also i get 'hub' or 'hubpages'. Its all good, helps my profile PR big_smile

2. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

When I'm logged in, I'm logged in. It doesn't make me do it unless I have logged myself out.

There might be other issues at play. What browser are you using? And do you have cookies enabled?

Im talking about when i have logged out and then wana log in again. Then i always have to enter my username and password again, while all the other sites remember those things. Its not google chrome either, cos i checked it on firefox, same thing. Not the end of the world, but woulda been nice if i didnt have to enter it every time.

1. darkside profile image79
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I get you now.

Yeah, same here.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I have to relog in occasionally, usually after I've logged on at work.

4. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Well, then don't log out ... as long as you have the 'remember me' checked at the login page, it'll remember you.

I never log off and don't have to enter my login info every time I come to HP...

Sometimes you have to reboot...

working