jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Low hubscore

1. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 7 years ago

Okay, I just put up a hub a few hours ago and the hubscore is steadily declining.  None of my other hubs have ever dipped below 70 (I don't think) before, so this is alarming for me.  It most certainly is not duplicate content and the article is some 900 words long.  I know the topic (about learning a foreign language) has been done many times before, but what I wrote was completely my own.  What could be causing this?  Any ideas?

You don't have to go to my hub to check if you don't want to.  I'm not trying to drive traffic.  Just please give me some possible reasons for a hubscore.  I am very curious and concerned since it's never happened to me! sad

1. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you have a problem, your score is at 92 now.

Anolindeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I don't know if I used the correct word, but I meant the score of a specific hub (not my author score), which is currently at 45  sad

1. profile image0
          LegendaryHeroposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh sorry! I misread it, I thought you meant that your main score was being lowered by a hub.

2. AEvans profile image78
      AEvansposted 7 years agoin reply to this

e-mail team@hubpages.com with your concern have them take a look and see what they can find don't worry if there is an issue they will take care of it, just keep on writing. smile

Thanks, AEvans!  I think I'll give it til tomorrow and see what happens to my score, then I'll email them.  It's just kinda disheartening to see such a low score for my efforts! smile

2. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 7 years ago

By now your score should be rising.  I had the same thing happen to me once and it didn't last long. My score went back up as fast as it went down.  Others have said it has happened to them more than once.  Not to worry!

3. Jayne Lancer profile image99
    Jayne Lancerposted 7 years ago

Most of mine have started at below 50, but they've always risen. I'm sure yours will, too. Don't worry about it.

1. Lisa HW profile image79
      Lisa HWposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same here.  Mine usually start at around 50, may dip a couple of points (if that's what you call them) for about a day (not all do, but many do), and then slowly start to climb (over the course of anything from a day to a few days) to wherever they going to seem to end up.  From there, over time, some will eventually climb fairly high.  Others hover where they originally landed after a couple of days.

4. profile image53
    N Holdingposted 7 years ago

Is there a problem with a low hub score? What can cause this to happen?

5. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 7 years ago

Thanks, guys!  My score did creep up a bit (now at 52, LOL!)  Oh well ... I'm not gonna worry too much about it now smile

N Holding, I don't know really if there's a problem with a low hub score.  I just doesn't look good is all tongue

Oops .. *It* just doesn't look good .. .not *I*

1. vox vocis profile image83
        vox vocisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your last hub scores 63 now. It should go up, I donĀ“t think you should worry about it. My hubs usually start with a hub score between 48 and 63.

1. vox vocis profile image83
          vox vocisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Now it is 69...see, it keeps on rising!

Yeah, It's up to above 70 now.  Whew! tongue  Guess I worried about nothing .. it's just that it never happened to me before!

6. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 7 years ago

We have hub scores?????  Can't help.  I don't pay attention to them.  I just spew and let the words fall where they may.

working