jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Is there some way I can be sure what ads will be displayed?

1. Falsor Wing profile image83
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

I have an idea for a hub desighned and optimized for profit but so far the idea rests on the assumption that a hub about editing will have ads for paid editors. it seems logical to me but I have no idea how google makes its decisions.

1. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes google will assign ads relevant to your keywords and tags. If you visit any one of my hubs you will see that the ads will match the keywords of my hubs.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually, Google decides what ads are going to run based on all your textual content, not just keywords/tags.

2. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess all you can do is make sure that all your tags and keywords have something to do with editing and paid editing and subediting and changing words and correcting and advising and alter, change, modify, proofread - if you slam enough into it hopefully google will getcha!

2. alternate poet profile image64
    alternate poetposted 7 years ago

Interesting thought - if I download all the highest rated keywords and write a poem from all of them and only them . . . . .

1. LarasMama profile image61
      LarasMamaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a great idea! You should try it! LMAO I'd like to see how it goes!

2. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lol AP if only if only!!

3. Falsor Wing profile image83
    Falsor Wingposted 7 years ago

Many thanks that has been my plan but before i go all out I figured I should make sure there wasn't some other add determination mechanic with an associated downloadable tool and a legion of details that needed attending to.

most encouraging to here "if its pertinent google should figure it out."

hypothetical hugs for all.

4. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Yeah it should work out for you, if it doesn't work too well try editing your keywords slightly, for instance 'editor' could come up with anything from a text editor to a picture editor.  The keywords copywrite editor or similar though will give you much more targetted adverts.

1. shibashake profile image81
      shibashakeposted 7 years ago

You can also block certain ads from showing by going into -

AdSense Setup >> Competitive Ad Filter

Useful for blocking out non-relevant ads or disreputable sites.

working