jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Things I love about Hubpages so far

1. ahostagesituation profile image80
    ahostagesituationposted 7 years ago

I've been here now for 5 days, and what I love so far is how easy it is. I like that it is topic driven. I like how random you can be in what you choose to write about.  Very free. The MYSTERIES of this site for me include scoring?? I have hubs that I have not finished and have not published and they have fluctuating scores.  (They haven't even been read, how can the score change?) And if you decide to use analytics...where do you paste that code that analytics gives you?  What do you do with amazon and ebay as affiliate links?  No clue.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image83
      Arthur Fontesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In your my account you will see affiliate settings.  This is where you place your code.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

ahostagesituationposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hey thanks arthur...i see where you put the code, i don't know how to get the code? the anayltics code from google i know where to get THAT one, but i don't know where to put that one.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image83
          Arthur Fontesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You should have an adsense code I think it starts with a ca-pub.

That goes in the Google bar.

Analytics is another code which you receive when you sign up for Google Analytics.

If I am not explaining it well enough I am sure a more experienced hubber will drop in and clarify.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image83
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

Here is a forum from earlier today concerning unpublished hubscores.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/41703#post968464

3. lightning john profile image59
    lightning johnposted 7 years ago

I'm having problems getting my pictures loaded to my hubs is it my computer, or I just haven't pushed the right buttons?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I suggest trying with a different browser, this has been known to solve such problems in the past.

1. lightning john profile image59
        lightning johnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  Website Examiner, have a great week end!

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same to you! Good to see you hubing.

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 7 years ago

Since you've posted this question in the right place - a Hub staffer will come here to address your question.  just be patient.  Also specifically ask what it is you want to do - like "How do I set up my adsense account"  the staffer will tell you exactly where the help area is for that question- I don't remember myself, but I know it wasn't hard.  HubPages automatically enters your codes for you - you just have to give Adsense all your info.  Once you have your account there are many pages of info about how to use Adsense to its best potential. 

Your writing is very interesting and good - now you just need to learn about the money making potential and adwords and all that!

Good luck!

thansk so much mega one...very helpful!!

5. Arthur Fontes profile image83
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

Here is a link that might help:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsense

thanks for the links!  I'll check em out thanks for the help.

working