jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Hubpages views & followers - status symbol?

1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 7 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SEO and Moneymaking wise, hubpages views and followers don't seem to have any (or minimal) influence. Is this correct? It's more of a status symbol?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're absolutely right, Hubber traffic is insignificant in terms of earnings.   

Once you've been here a while, you'll find over 80% of your traffic comes from search engines - and if you're doing a good job of promotion outside HP, it'll be over 90%.   

That means only a small percentage of your traffic is Hubbers.  Of that small percentage, the vast majority aren't reading your Hub because they're in the mood to buy something - they're just browsing or hopping - so they won't click on ads or buy anything from Amazon or eBay.

When you're new, they're a bit of an ego boost until your external traffic takes off.  And of course, other Hubbers can give you feedback and encouragement.

2. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 7 years ago

I've always thought it was just a status symbol, although it may subliminally drive sales (sometimes) if people who are viewing your page see that you have 1,000+ followers, it may make it look like your a trusted source of information.

3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

More views increase the ODDS of more clicks/revenue, but you're right, it's no guarantee.

1. Buffoon profile image82
      Buffoonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, KCC, abundant views may not mean anything in terms of earnings but they definitely give you better chances that 0 views smile

Buffoon, there aren't enough Hubbers to give you "abundant" views!  You need to get thousands upon thousands of views to your Hubs if you want to make money.

1. Buffoon profile image82
          Buffoonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marisa, that's fine, I wasn't arguing about that notion, I just made a little bit of fun regarding ODDs smile  You will agree that 0 views decrease the odds significantly, will you not? big_smile

Well, if we are talking views by Hubbers, it probably wouldn't make much difference smile

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I don't know about Buffoon, but when I refer to views or pageviews I'm referring to all views, not just those by other hubbers.  As Marisa rightly said, fellow hubbers are NOT where your money comes from.  The money is made from those who find your hubs via searches.

working