Keep making hubs, when you should be...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 14 years ago

I keep making hubs when I should be sleeping instead. Anyone else guilty of this? Or guilty of doing something else but your not because your writing hubs? tongue

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Origin, I'm afraid I'm sleeping when I should be writing hubs!  Actually I love to write at night-so quiet and mysterious somehow-but recently my body said 'Enough!' and I am obeying.
      Hope you do get a couple of zzz's!

Originposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I will after I make one more hub. Just one more. big_smile

Heh heh, I've heard THAT before! smile

Hubs are like potato chips, you can't have just one... tongue

I just read your hub on Amazon products-OMG, I'll never eat pudding again!!!  So funny! smile

Haha, they have a lot of strange stuff on there if you go looking far enough. smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes plenty, like working on work!

hubbing is so addictive once you start writing. my last hub took a while and I remember my son saying, mom, walk away for a while.
      but I couldn't until it's finished.

btw, I like the profile pic you decided on!

Thanks, I'm still undecided though. For about an hour earlier I was using my robot in a suit avatar, then I switched back again to me. I'm not sure if I should use me or not still, hmmm decisions.

3. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Been there done that , it is an addiction eventually all of us have to gain some self-control again. smile

I posted this thread 2 hours ago, I was about to head to bed, but I had to finish my last hub. I didn't want to stop half way through.

But now I believe it's bed time, I'll be back in 6 hours. big_smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image65
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I quit smoking when I was supposed to be writing hubs, now I am writing hubs when I should be sleeping, eating, bathing... I can't catch up! LOL.

I hear that, I have skipped a few meals.. not intentionally, but it's because I was in the middle of a hub and I didn't look at the time. I have gone to bed late on several occasions though. But it's all good, I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in a bit.

Now we can't have hubbers turn to dust because they no longer eat, Origin!  Heh heh.  Sometimes when I'm on a writing roll, I treat it like a job.  I take breaks and a lunch so my body doesn't freeze in the typing position forever! smile

Hmmm.. well I used to skip meals at work in favor of getting things done early lol. Uh oh! yikes

2. lorlie6 profile image73

Hey there, Faybe-how's the quit coming?  I will not lie about mine, I cheated yesterday.  I smoked 3 of the danged things on my way to see my surgeon.  Hip replacement surgery is 2 weeks from today, so I guess that's my excuse for lighting up.  I did make it 12 days smoke-free, and today is coming along just fine...so far!
      Just have to start again!

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got the Blu-cigs. That really helped! I am still puffing on them, and boy am I glad I bought them. I am free of regular cigarettes, these are just nicotine replacement. You should try chewing on mint flavored tooth picks, and my dad used to suck on cloves after he quit.

Oh oh, a hub coming on. Tricks to stay quit! Thanks Lorlie!

Ever try the nicotine gum? If so, does it work for you?

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
            Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I was trying to find something and forgot what I was looking for. LOL. I hated the gum, but I have TMJ so it's bad for the jaw anyway.

3. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

On the other hand, I keep posting in these forums when I SHOULD be making hubs instead....! roll

I'm guilty of that too lol. big_smile

1. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And btw, ever heard of choosing between making hubs or making love?!  Yep, I'm guilty of preferring the former too.... oh yes...! yikes

1. rebekahELLE profile image84

lol must have been a really good hub!

yep, the best I ever had, I mean, wrote!
            See, what I mean... roll

1. rebekahELLE profile image84

choices, choices... wink

big_smile

2. Origin profile image59

Haha, did you smoke after your hubbing?

I kid, I kid.  tongue

2. Origin profile image59

Haha, wow! I don't know about that one, my male nature may take over for about 5-10 minutes, and then I'll be right back to hubbing lol. big_smile

4. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Frequently! After 11 months you would think I'de have learnt by now. lol

5. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm writing hubs (or reading hubs or promoting hubs or posting on forums) when I should be doing dishes or doing homework or doing laundry....big_smile  eventually I get caught up only to start the process over again....big_smile

6. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 14 years ago

This is one reason why I wish I had this as a full-time job, because it's A) fun and B) I'm willing to work lots of overtime even unintentionally. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)