jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Adding Google Analytics Tracking

1. francetales profile image60
    francetalesposted 9 years ago

I am not sure what to add to my Hub Pages to use Google Analytics.

Do I just use my main account ID number? When I do that I get a message asking me if I am sure because it doesn't conform to the standard for the expected number.

Do I have to add a new site to be tracked in my Analytics profile, maybe one called Hub Pages? This puzzles me though because then would I have to create a ew one for each page I write on Hub Pages?

There must be a detailed explanation somewhere.

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 9 years ago

I followed the instructions on this hub.

3. francetales profile image60

Thanks for the link, I used it and it confirmed that I had done everything correct. It has been more than 24 hours though and I still have not gotten GA to pick up the tracking code. How much longer should I wait?

4. francetales profile image60

I still get the tracking code not detected and it has definitely been more than 24 hours. What should I do next?

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Francetales, I see that you have entered a tracking code that looks like this:

UA-1234567

In my experience the tracking code should have a dash and a number at the end of it like these:

UA-1234567-1
    UA-1234567-2

Analytics will allow you to track many different sites, the number after the dash is how they separate them.  Take another look at the code that appears when you click "check status", (it should look something like below).  You may need to enter the complete number, including the dash at HubPages.

6. francetales profile image60

That was essentially the message when I added the number but I wasn't receiving that last - with another number. Now I am when I click show details. I added it and we'll see if it shows up soon. Thanks for the help!

7. francetales profile image60

It is all taken care of, except the adding as a channel part, but I'll try that later, I've got to get back to actually writing something. Thanks for the help.

working