What's Your Favorite Summer Activity?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (60 posts)
  1. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Summer is my favorite time of year.  We here at Hub World have such a diverse group of people from all over the world and it got me thinking...what is your favorite summer time activity or tradition?

Thanks and Peace wink
    katiem2

1. Habby profile image61
      Habbyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We love vanilla ice cream with fresh, sliced peaches!  Yum!!  Reminds me of my childhood.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Family vacation. We always have so much fun together on holiday and they grow up so fast. I cherish those times more and more every year, cause they're slip, slip, slipping away.

sad

But... they'll always be grandkids!

katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree whole heartedly!  Plus fond memories to recall once they've grow and reflect back on their childhood!  smile

3. profile image0
      pburgerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My favorite summer activity must be -- waiting for winter! big_smile Yark Yark Yark

2. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Barbecues by the pool. Very Australian I know, but that is how family and friends spend a lot of the hot part of summer. smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree and will add riding in the Jeep with the top down smile

2. Grills Guy profile image58
      Grills Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah barbecues by the pool! I like your style earnestshub smile Well I gotta agree with the barbecues part...but the pool sounds great too but I don't have one of those.

1. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We only have one swimming pool in the family, at my daughters house, but my uni student son is a lifesaver with our largest indoor water sports arena where Melbourne holds major swimming events, so we spend some time there too. Great high pressure spas to massage a tired back... little fountains in shallow water for the ankle biters, a wave pool several warm pools for the disabled, plus a few very big swimming pools and a water slide...... it's all good. smile

1. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds great! All we have here is a tiny swimming pool and an elderly lady scooping water with her false teeth trying to be a wave machine....

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

F******** in the ocean tongue

1. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean like the fish do Misha? That white cloud in the water ain't always krill ya know!

2. Grills Guy profile image58
      Grills Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG classic LOL

4. katiem2 profile image60

Okay then were off to a grand start... wink

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Nah, like dolphins do tongue

6. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Making sand castles on the beach!

7. katiem2 profile image60

cool ever been buried in the sand?  wink

Yep nice and cool and then a donkey came over and pissed on me legs! wasn't so cool, more warm than anything!

8. katiem2 profile image60

OMG were you in MEXICO?

No. blackpool in the uk!

9. katiem2 profile image60

Thats some pedicure... wink

10. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 13 years ago

Picnics in Parks with friends. There are lots of beautiful parks with flower gardens around. smile

11. katiem2 profile image60

Awe yes the beautiful parks, we have great metro parks in Ohio and the walks in the park are amazing.  Great Reminder...wink
    Thanks

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Long motorcycle rides (2-3 weeks at a time); have taken various trips throughout N.America.  It's not the destination but the journey. amazing country to travel through in N.A. and able to meet interesting people along the way.

13. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I have done the same a few times in Australia. Just take off with some spare time, a decent bike and go meet your fellow countrymen and women! Nice times. smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sometime in the next year or so - i will ship my bike and travel in some other country/continent - mind you there is still a 'little' bit more for me to see in NA - not much though - have seen quite a bit of it by bike.   I want to do it on my own bike when I travel outside of NA.

14. katiem2 profile image60

Love the pool , my kids love water...

Biking for long periods of time sounds great wink

15. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Lying underneath the air conditioner until summer turns into fall- that's my favorite activity.

16. joaniemb profile image59
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

just enjoying the outdoors with my family.
    Watching my grand kids and playing in the pool with them.
    Having a few drinks poolside.
    I love the summer.

17. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Swimming, sunning, saltwater fishing!

18. katiem2 profile image60

I all sounds so good... I'm happy summer is HERE!  smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilewink

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Summer is not yet here in Oregon, but when it arrives I enjoy heading for the beaches and spending hours walking the shoreline.

19. Mezo profile image60
    Mezoposted 13 years ago

Summer is so hot in here.....i enjoy sleeping in the AC during the day and going out at night! big_smile

20. vhinz316 profile image58
    vhinz316posted 13 years ago

my favorite hobbies during summer is find a whitesand beach, cook b-b-q with friens smile

21. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

summers are hot here, the backyard pool is where I live when I'm home. it's easy to get dressed, just put on a bathing suit!

or off to the beach in late afternoon/evening. late sunsets on the gulf.  we perk up in the evening.

22. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

eating ice cream while avoiding mowing the lawn

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't be bothered moving the lawn anymore - waste of my time.  I pay someone to do it for the first while and then I just let it turn yellow.

Eating ice cream sounds much better!

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hear you

i pressure my wife to do it.. but she always yells at me...

I think it is all those pregnancy hormones.  I’ll try again after she delivers

23. katiem2 profile image60

Really great stuff wink

24. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

jogging smile

25. katiem2 profile image60

jogging... thats a good one, I like to hike and bike smile

26. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Canoeing around the lakes and stop for a picnic big_smile

27. katiem2 profile image60

These are all good okay add on from the #1 if you like... I love catching fire flies with my two daughters and putting them in a jar, for a while then we let them go.  smile

28. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I enjoy most sitting in the morning sun in a reclining sun chair, reading a good book, until I'm too warm, then going in, having a lovely salad lunch and then napping for an hour.  This will maybe happen, oh, twice all summer long.  but I am looking forward - - - big_smile:

Yes that and I like to bird watch, I have hummingbird and finch feeders.. smile

29. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 13 years ago

Playing on the beech with my kids, swimming and splashing around the fountains.  And, backyard barbecues with cool friends.

Reminds me of the big fountain at Easton all the kids play in the fountain while the parents set around chatting and laughing all the while enjoying the kids fun in the fountains.  smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what I do.  I must say if it's hot enough I enjoy playing as well, but I usually meet friends at the big downtown fountain for some "mom time".  Great topic, by the way.  cool

This is often a great time to get great photos... smile

30. terrowhite profile image59
    terrowhiteposted 13 years ago

I enjoy making ice creams and cook food for my family.. It is a very interesting idea and I love it!

homemade ice cream.....oh what great ideas we'll all get here!  smile

31. Robert A. Harris profile image61
    Robert A. Harrisposted 13 years ago

I enjoy drawing out in the parks,water parks,cooking outdoors. I am learning to skateboard and roller blade smile

Drawing in the park, I bet you create some beautiful stuff smile

32. MalibuWriter profile image61
    MalibuWriterposted 13 years ago

Going to the beach! Or when I'm really bored it's fun to make a little extra money and do stuff for neighbors. <3

Making money is a great addition.  Thanks and Peace smile

33. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Sailing on the ocean under a full moon...skinny dipping....but then again, camping, hiking, horse back riding, cycling...  anything outdoors are my favorite things.

34. ajones2250 profile image59
    ajones2250posted 13 years ago

Sitting outside on my parent's deck, it backs up to woods so the scenery is perfect and her perfectly coordinated outdoor patio furniture is so comfy we would rather be outside than in! All the grandchildren play in the pool and the grass, and we grill out for dinner smile

35. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

Going out to play beach vball or heading out for a walk along the beach

36. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

The bedroom body pop!

37. profile image0
    philip carey 61posted 13 years ago

Mountain biking on some of the local trails.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)