jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

What is your favorite summer activity?

1. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 3 years ago

What is your favorite summer activity?

Whether it is a sport or recreational activity; it can be something you do as a group or individually.  Mine is canoeing as a group, although I have not done this in a long while.

2. Genna East profile image92
    Genna Eastposted 3 years ago

Hi Denise...

Anything that has anything to do with the beach and the ocean. :-) Canoeing sounds like great fun.

Denise Handlonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Genna-love the photo.  I totally agree...am at Nags Head at the moment.  smile

3. Bubblegum Jones profile image61
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

Swimming is my favorite summer time activity.

Pool, lake or ocean?  I love to swim also.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Denise....I enjoy so many summer opportunities, and because I live where the 4 seasons are so uniquely distinct, we know to make the best of each one while the time is "now."
    I don't canoe, but I know it must be loads of fun, because I often see people rowing down the huge creek that runs along my property (truth is, I understand I own out to somewhere in the middle of the creek!!) Maybe I should put up a stop signal and sell lemonade!! LOL
    Whenever I have some time to relax and indulge in what I like......I get a comfortable lawn chair and sit out between the woods and the creek, in a nice shady spot.....and either read  or do crosswords & cryptograms (another addiction).....I was thinking just the other day, what I need is a Hammock for this...just in case I want to nap!
    Retirees like to do that!!   LOL

Jealous of your retirement status, but good for you!  Love all those activities and swing that hammock down my the river.  A soft drink stand is a GREAT idea! lol

5. The Examiner-1 profile image76
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Opening the blinds and letting the sunlight in but since the summer weather here is unpredictable then you can never tell when it will be cloudy all day or pop-up severe storms, maybe with tornado watch.

I love having the blinds open and sitting out on the deck listening to the birds sing.  Thanks for commenting.

6. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 3 years ago

Going to the beach and family reunions top everything for me. I don't get to the beach often enough, so family reunions are even better when they take place at a beach location. :-)

Summer is great for those reunions, isn't it?  I can relate about the beach.  M finally here in Nags Head, 1st time in 2 yrs sad to say.  Thanks for your comments.

7. Bonijun37 profile image68
    Bonijun37posted 3 years ago

I love picnics in the park with nature walks. I love the parks where we have beautiful trees and walk ways and a place to swim. In the beautiful State of Washington

That sounds wonderful, Bonijun37.  I love to walk the parks as well.  Thanks.

8. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

There are a lot of things I like to do. One is going out and just cruising around on my motorcycle. The problem right now is it's sitting in the shop and may be a few weeks before I can get back out there.

Oh, man-what a bummer!  summer is great to cruise.  Thanks for commenting.

9. Josh Makaveli profile image36
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

For me the most enjoyable game in summer is playing volleyball on the beach smile

Oh, yeah, Josh.  That is a blast, isn't it!  Thanks.

10. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 3 years ago

Staying indoors is my favorite summer time activity.  That and reading a good book. smile

Any good books you can recommend for summer reading?

11. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

My favorite summer activity is biking to provincial parks with beaches. I bike to a park. When I get to the park I bike around the park, go down some trails in the woods and do some hiking. After exploring the park I go to the beach. At the beach I walk along the shore, swim and relax. Later I bike back home.

Last time I got a good picture of a deer and saw some baby swans. I am working on building up my endurance so I can get to a park that has 3 large beaches. I like canoeing but I gave up trying to do things as a group. Now I just go for bike rides by myself. I have thought about getting a kayak.

Sorry you gave up on canoeing.  Find one other person and go for it!  smile Thanks.

12. Seafarer Mama profile image86
    Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years ago

Love gardening and swimming. Love making preparing food with my garden's harvest, too. While my daughter plays with friends at our lakeside town beach, I catch up on summer reading, too. :0)

Thanks!  Love all of those. Any interesting books?

2. Seafarer Mama profile image86
      Seafarer Mamaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "Beach Chair Diaries" by Janet Spurr. I think it's available on Amazon.

working