jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Amazon capsule?

1. blue parrot profile image55
    blue parrotposted 7 years ago

I went to Amazon, selected "Omakase" = leaving product selection to them, and they gave me a HTML code to insert in my "website/template".
    I tried to insert that in a text capsule, but that doesn't work. Where should it be inserted?

Next I discovered the Amazon capsule, but that requests listing of keywords and product area. The hub is about Michelangelo, so I put in:
    Product area: Books
    Keywords: Michelangelo, Sistine, Fresco, Julius II
    And got "No Amazon products found"

???

1. Jenna May Swan profile image59
      Jenna May Swanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes you do need to fiddle with the keywords.  Try just one painter - or "painters" "renaissance art" etc.

blue parrotposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But Michelangelo, though he was primarily a sculptor, is certainly one of the best-known painters of all times! It's as if Amazon told me they have no books on Picasso.

1. Jenna May Swan profile image59
          Jenna May Swanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You may need to only put in Michelangelo.  Then maybe put in another capsule further down for each of the other artists you mentioned.  Try not to confuse the amazon capsule with too many keywords. 

I generally let amazon choose its own products as it will bring up popular, best sellers and of course always show items that are still in stock - so I don't need to keep rechecking my amazon promotions are relevant.

2. Susana S profile image96
      Susana Sposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's much better to choose individual products rather than leave it to keywords IMHO. In the amazon capsule if you click "clear out and start over" you can see that you can choose individal products. To do this open a new window, get to amazon.com, find the products you want and copy and paste the page urls into the capsule.

I cannot believe that this is the intention, because they would know better than anybody what books about Michelangelo are now being read and what books on fresco art are most in demand. That kind of knowledge is useful and is their specialty, not mine.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can't use those codes on HubPages, that's only if you have your own website.

The search looks for ALL the words you enter in the NAME of the product.  I doubt there's a book with all those words in the title?

As Susana said, it's much better to go to Amazon (not the affiliate section, just the ordinary site), find the exact products you want, then copy and paste the ISBN or ASIN numbers into the capsule.

I see!
        Thank you very much.

4. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I believe that the Omakase html text is for a banner ad which you cannot put into Hubs. You can only use the Amazon Capsules in a hub.
      Try just typing 'one' keyword into the space and see what you get! cool

Yes.  I think I understand my mistake now. Thank you very much.

2. maruthirp profile image59
    maruthirpposted 7 years ago

You may use amazon capsule to insert amazon links into your hub. It is very user friendly and can insert relevant links by using keywords.

working