jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Rating for questions

1. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

See http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/46341#post1066402

The quality of questions here is getting very low.  How about letting us rate them so that the really dumb stuff disappears just like the answers?

And perhaps restricting those who persist in posting low quality junk?  Harder, perhaps..

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good ideas.

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 7 years ago

That's why the flagging options for questions exists.  If a question gets a lot of flags, admin takes a look at it, same as with Hubs.

There are systems in place here that work, but only if site users participate.  Notice how many people complain about Hubs, but then turn right around and say they would never, ever flag one.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, I do flag hubs and if this is my only option, I'll start flagging questions also.

But ss I said elsewhere, voting seems to at least partially work for answers, why would it not help screen questions?

2. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. It's like people expect them to be magically dealt with.

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

All you can do is flag them, HubPages isn't too worried about the low quality questions, at least I don't think they are. If they were, they'd change the section back to the way it was before. Stinks, but oh well...

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

It's just easier to flag them for screening. Voting doesn't necessarily help screen, at least I wouldn't think.

I'm just tired of the low quality questions, opinion questions (which do you like better), and those related to HubPages. I wish they'd change the rules back to the way it was before where opinion questions, yes/no questions, and questions related to HP weren't allowed.

1. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'll second this!

working