jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

New publication for people who like history.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

There is a new quarterly journal to be launched this summer called snapshots of history: stories from the past, I am hoping to hub more about it soon and am just awaiting an email. If they are looking for writers to conribute to the journal would any of you be interested? Thanks. smile

1. Jeff Berndt profile image86
      Jeff Berndtposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Of course, depending on a lot of factors.

Do they have a particular era that they focus on? Or a particular region? By all means keep me informed. I'm very interested.

2. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

What its an online journal? I have written a few history articles..it would depend upon the payment

3. jondav profile image70
    jondavposted 7 years ago

ancient history or more recent?

If its ancient history i'll deffo have a look.

wrenfrost56posted 7 years agoin reply to this

They are looking to feature historical stories and serials with particular interest in adventure and dramatic events. It does not specify particular time frame.

4. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

It's in print magazine form and is just about to be launched. I am awaiting some more details at present but from what I can gather they will be looking for content in the near future. Payment will probably be minimal to begin with but it may lead to regular work and look good on the C.V.

5. jondav profile image70
    jondavposted 7 years ago

im in! (please)

Cool. I'll let you know more as I find out more. smile

6. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Oooh...coming from a history nut here, that DOES sound quite interesting both to read and write for smile. I'd also have to see what kind of pay it might be, I don't mind starting out at minimal pay on subjects I like as long as there's the possibility of future growth.

It does sound pretty cool, it has had quite a lot of buzz and I love discovering new stuff, would also like to write for it myself if given the oportunity. smile

1. lucieanne profile image80
        lucieanneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Count me in - I love history!

7. Sab Oh profile image54
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

This is a tough economic environment to be launching a print magazine.

8. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 7 years ago

I would love to write something, social history is a particular favourite of mine but I am an avid reader of new historical publications.  Not bothered about a nominal fee, being published would be an adequate reward!

working